Re: Returning to exercise

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Louise,

Soles are too thin so nothing should be removed, even flaking "dead" sole, as it does add some protection the longer it's there.  It looks to me like there is a significant medio-lateral trim imbalance on the LF that has put the bony column out of alignment and could explain the soreness.  I am also not seeing rotation of the bony column, which would usually be corrected by lowering the heels.  In your case the heels are already a bit too low and Nugget has what we call capsular rotation, which is due to the toes being too far forward.  This is something that can be corrected by adjusting the trim.  I hope Lavinia will comment, but in the meantime it would be helpful to see a full round of photos on all 4, as described here (please use our naming scheme to label all your images), since he has been trimmed since the xrays (aka radiographs) were done.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History