frustration

Barbara P. <MorganPinesFarm@...>

Hello Kay in AK,
Your post about knowing that sometimes these things are not fixable
brought the tears that have been trying to break forth all day. I'm
new to this Cushings merry-go-round. In May I went from having an
older horse ready to make her debut in dressage to an intensive care
patient.
I'm so frustrated at not being able to make things right-isn't that
what we're supposed to do for our animals-keep them from hurting?
Amiga had been doing fairly well.She got a little sore from trimming 2
weeks ago but a few days of bute fixed her up. She was even cantering
in the field a little. Then yesterday she was dead lame again. I'm not
even sure it's in her feet-my vet is calling it general nerve pain. It
too reminds me of diabetes-my dad has good and bad days with his feet
due to nerve pain. Again, the bute is working, but I just didn't
expect her to bounce up and down like this.
On top of that she's stopped sweating ( I'm going to try One-AC) and
I can't clear up the sores on her ankles-probably due to her
compromised immune system. She was so perky looking 2 months ago and
now she looks rather beat up. Maybe I haven't given the cypro enough
time to work( it's been 1 month) Took blood today so hopefully will
know something in a week.
Sorry to have rambled on so-it helps to know there are many others
in the same boat. I guess what pushed me over the edge is that my
gelding Majestad ( Amiga's son) was just diagnosed with Lyme's disease
and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.(understatement of the year :-) )
Barbara