Re: How much starch in grass hay is too much?

Kettle Gal

On Thu, Aug 18, 2022 at 09:53 PM, Kettle Gal wrote:
Hello,

I am having a difficult time finding suitable grass hay this year.  With that said, I did recently find a load that is below 10% esc + starch.  My only concern is the amount of starch.  The starch is slightly over two percent.  In the past, all of my hay has tested much lower in starches - more like .29.

I understand the recommendation about no starches over 4% in hard carrier feeds.  Does the same recommendation apply to hay?

Thank you.
--
Julie K. Wisconsin
2022

 Edited with an apology re: typos in subject header.

The as fed esc is 6.8: starch is 2.1.
--
Julie K. Wisconsin