Re: Salt and insulin resistance

Maria Duran

Oh sorry Nancy, I didn't mean to say it is of help to lower insulin as a treatment. That sentence was linked to this one "I learned from our WikiKellon, that is also takes part in non insulin dependant pathways of glucose incorporation into cells, like exercise."
Exercise improves glucose uptake by sodium channels and less glucose levels in blood lead to less insulin needed to lower that glucose already taken by muscle cells. That's why exercise helps so much IR horses. For that, sodium is needed. That was all what I meant to say.

Sorry if I mislead someone and sorry for the weird format

--
María Durán Navarro
Dec 2017

Plutón´s Case History