Re: Is there a best time of day to give Prascend?

Trisha DePietro

Hi Lasell. We usually recommend starting the APF a couple days before starting the Prascend. This will help to mitigate any effects of the Prascend in causing a "veil" which is a term coined here by one of our members....the veil is a word that describes the lethargic pace, the decreased appetite, etc that sometimes can occur with the start up of the Prascend. To read more about the APF and Prascend: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/3%20Cushings%20Disease%20-%20PPID/Cushings%20Disease%20Treatments/Pergolide/Pergolide%20101.pdf  --
Start slowly with your Prascend...1/4 tablet each day for 2 or 3 days and gradually increase to your target dose. You can dose either in the morning or the evening, but try to keep it consistent. And you will give your target dose all at once, don't divide it between am and pm.
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018
NH
Primary Responder