locked Re: Where you get answers - Next Generation Case History Site

Joy V

Login request sent.  I'll look for it after the holiday is over.  Happy Thanksgiving Nancy.  Thanks for the updated info!

On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 11:49 AM Nancy C <threecatfarm@...> wrote:
The ECIR Group case histories have a 20 year history behind them.

When Dr. Kellon joined the group in 2002, and membership exploded to a few hundred or so, it became clear case histories were what was needed to deliver competent individual help. Robin announced beta testing the first CH site — Sportshorses — in January of 2003. https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/22690

I am beyond joyful to announce we will be opening the next generation ECIR Case History site at the end of the month.

Yes, this month.

There is so much history behind this project that deserves telling. More on that later.

Today I wish to announce that we are seeking members to be Early Adopters to migrate their data to the new site.

Early Adopters can be a new or experienced ECIR member, willing to load their equine information to populate the site. To step up as an Early Adopter, one does not need to be a tech-wizard, just fearless and not tech averse.

We have tested the site with multiple browsers and devices to make sure that it can be accessed by almost anyone. Like any large project with significant data, uploading from a larger device is infinitely easier. I can personally attest to this. For the most efficient experience, we recommend Chrome on a larger device.

We are looking for two years of data from Early Adopters with existing case histories. If you or the equine is new to ECIR case histories, as an Early Adopter you would start your file and add data as you acquire it.

The site would be open to Early Adopters after the US Thanksgiving holiday. Early Adopter histories need be in place by December 20. Transition plans for the rest of the membership will then be outlined in coming days.

Early Adopters will help step the stage for those who come next by migrating their data. We hope this approach will help pave the way to fully open the new site to all on or before the New Year.

I’d love to have a dozen or so folks total. Support Team members and Directors will also be on board to supply their data.

It is a busy time of year. I thank you in advance for a willingness to donate discretionary time to this important project.

Drop me a PM if you are interested, and we’ll go from there with instructions.

With this new site fully in place, the ECIR Group will move to a new level, continuing to bring help to equines in trouble, and compiling significant data for what works, to share with the equine community.

As always, it is for all the equines.

--
Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003