Re: cyproheptadine

Jackie Rice <jrice@...>

I give 1.2 ml per day of liquid cyproheptadine. The cost is about $0.85 per day. My vet found this less expensive supplier for me. The first bottle I had cost about $1.50 per day. It was less concentrated and I had to give 7 ml per day. It's actually easier to administer the thicker more concentrated liquid - he's never spit any out. You are paying about $6.60 per day. I'd suggest talking to your vet about getting it from one of their suppliers. They get volume discounts.

----- Original Message -----
From: MEGASTREAK@...
To: EquineCushings@...
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 1:16 PM
Subject: [EquineCushings] cyproheptadine

I have just joined this group and would like to get some help in
finding and inexpensive source of cyproheptadine if anyone knows one.

I have been buying it online for 11 cents a pill. I give 30 twice a
day.

I contacted my congress woman when the price started getting higher
and higher and she put me incontact with the food and drug
administrations. They indicated that the problem was caused by the
inability of the generic manufactures getting the ingrediants in the
quality they needed. Has anyone else done any other checking on the
increased cost problem? I really can't afford this much longer!!
Help!!!!!!

Thank yo

Shortcut URL to this page:

http://www.onelist.com/community/EquineCushings