abscesses

Pennington-Boggio's <pennbo@...>

Help! How can I identify the possibility of an abscess? What signs
should I look for? The last time Star had one it was in the wall and
very visible. Now with this lameness I don't know what to think. Please,
anyone have any suggestions about what to look for?
To make it worse she is really mad at me for riding my other horse and
not her. I come to the barn and she immediately nickers to me but when I
go to pet her she turns and walks to the other side of the paddock,
turns her rear to me, and hangs her head. It's breaking my heart....
Chris in CA
(not having a good Cushings week....)