Re: Acorns/Laminitis mare update

minizorses

Thanks again Robin...sounds like you are right on. My main concern was that
she is getting enough anti-inflamitories, but I still have her on the aspirin
twice a day, so that should probably be enough...?

Nancy

In a message dated 11/16/04 1:38:28 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Eclectk1@... writes:

The reason is that the natural pain from the foot damage
tells them to be careful -- to lay down more -- and that reduces the risk of

further damaging or tearing more laminia. So if you slowly back off the
meds now,
and she gets worse, personally I'd say what you're starting to see is how
she
really is -- its not a setback, its what's really there most likely.

Nancy Nunke
Spots 'N Stripes Ranch
http://www.spotsnstripes.com