Date   

Re: EMERGENCY

anne@...
 

He has been on and off Bute and Equiox since May.  Isoxsuprine since roughly fall.
--
Anne Leighty

Freeport, Michigan
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=258573


Re: EMERGENCY

Lorna Cane
 

Here is the link to your case history,to add to your signature,Anne.

Don't forget to hit SAVE,when you make it automatic.

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/filessearch?q=anne+leighty

--

Lorna  in Eastern  Ontario
2002
Check out FAQ : https://www.ecirhorse.org/FAQ.php


Re: EMERGENCY

anne@...
 

Thank you!  I have had many people in other groups tell me I am being cruel to him by not putting him down.  I assure you I have no intention of cruelty.  HE is still fighting so I am fighting too.


Re: EMERGENCY

Trisha DePietro
 

Hi Anne. Unfortunately, your signature is not sticking to your posts. Can you please try again? And be sure to save.  Stop the high sugar foods....If you are still feeding the stuff you listed from before, it will contribute to inflammation and thus won't help the pain. The emergency diet cuts the sugar right down to more manageable levels. soaking the hay and getting rid of the grain is key in decreasing inflammation and thus pain. Later, you can fine tune his diet..... How long has he been on Bute? How long on Isoxuprine? 
--
Trisha DePietro
Aug 2018
NH
Dolly and Hope's Case Histories
Dolly's Photos 
Hope's Photos 
Primary Responder


Re: EMERGENCY

anne@...
 

What can I do for pain/  If I quit Bute, I am afraid he will be in more agony.  I am getting him on the emergency diet.  Ordered everything needed.  I live in Michigan.  What farrier do you recommend?  My vet is supposed to be a laminitis professional and a farrier but I am open to anything to save him.
--
Anne Leighty

Freeport, Michigan


Re: EMERGENCY

anne@...
 

I added the signature.  Sorry about that.  The vet just had me pick up more Bute and Isoxsuprine.  Should I refrain from using both?  I have ordered Phtyo-Quench and flax seed and magnesium.  They will not be here until Monday.  What can I do to help relieve the pain for him?  I should mention we are doing red light therapy and Bemer.  


Re: EMERGENCY

anne@...
 

I have uploaded the photos and case history.  I am hoping I did it correctly.  i have ordered the phyto-quench pellets.


Re: Purina products

 

One more suggestion for the picky eater, Uckele's Cocosoya oil. It helps minerals stick to the feed and is pretty tasty and safe as long as you do not overdo the amount of oil. I also found Animed Brewers Yeast was a good taste tempter. I couldn't begin to get enough the Uckele Amino-Trace into my horse. So I fed him as much as he would tolerate. Same with salt. He would only eat so much.

Bonnie Snodgrass 07-2016

ECIR Group Primary Response 

White Cloud, Michigan, USA

Mouse Case History, Photo Album


Re: uploading case history - begging for help

Lavinia Fiscaletti
 

Hi Kandace,

Update the copy you have saved on your device by adding the latest info but don't delete the older info. That way, you have a running history that just keeps getting longer. It's a great tool for you to use with your vet as well, should you ever need to.

Then, delete the current copy you have here in your CH folder. If someone else uploaded the copy here, give us a heads-up and one of the Mods can delete the older copy for you.

Upload the latest version into your CH folder here, preferably as a .pdf so everyone can access it easily, regardless of the device they are using.

--
Lavinia, George Too, Calvin (PPID) and Dinky (PPID/IR)
Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge
Jan 05, RI
Moderator ECIR


Re: Question about when to test ACTH

Eleanor Kellon, VMD
 

 Considering her age, the 129 is likely in a grey zone but age is the major risk factor for PPID and it occurs along a slow continuum.  You could try taking her off in late winter to early Spring but will likely need to resume it late July.
--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001


Re: time to re test jesse

Eleanor Kellon, VMD
 

LJ,

Add a chemistry screen. That will give you glucose as well as kidney and liver function.
--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001


Re: uploading case history - begging for help

Sherry Morse
 

Hi Kandace,

You can keep copies of your old CH on your device but please do not leave them in the files as we have a finite amount of storage space on the server.




Re: Question about when to test ACTH

Sherry Morse
 

Hi Kandace,

If she were mine and tested at 129 even given it was the seasonal rise I would keep her on Prascend. If you do decide to take her off the Prascend and then retest I wouldn't change anything else about her management at that point so you can be sure whatever the test results are they are only related to the lack of Prascend and nothing else.




Re: time to re test jesse

Sherry Morse
 

Hi LJ,

I would add glucose in as well but sounds like a good plan overall.





Re: uploading case history - begging for help

Kandace Krause
 

In a related question, Sherry, Do we leave the old CH's in folder, leaving only new (replace or add new to whole file)?
--
Kandace K Rocky Mountains, Alberta, Oct 2
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kandace%20J%20and%20K


Re: Obtaining Prascend in Canada

Kandace Krause
 

I have purchase from Petmeds.ca at about $2.45 per day included everything, including shipping.  slow at this time of year, due to volume but somewhat less than my vet.  I contacted a local compunding pharmacy that advertised doing animal scripts, but they couldn't or wouldn't do Levothyroxine.  I have not asked them about Pergolide.  In my small town there are two pharmacy's advertising the service.  Takes no time to find out if you have the script to send or show them.
--
Kandace K Rocky Mountains, Alberta, Oct 2
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kandace%20J%20and%20K


Re: Question about when to test ACTH

Kandace Krause
 

Sherry,
I got results by phone a day ago, haven't done CH update, but the "J" is is now a 22 and in the mid range of normal.  Do you still hold with the leave her on Prascend or would it be an option to pull her off 3 weeks prior to spring test to see where she goes?   Background infor to this question- I have had her tested in spring off and on over the years, this past fall was first time tested after May.  Previous tests were with in normal range.
--
I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas, Sherry and everyone.

Kandace K Rocky Mountains, Alberta, Oct 2
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Kandace%20J%20and%20K


time to re test jesse

LJ Friedman
 

jesse returned to 20 mg of cp on 10/15.( switched from cabergoline bec i didnt like the veil, jesse not liking the q10 injection and the big price increase.
   thinking now is a fine time to retest. goal to retest with above 50 deg F day, after breakfast AND lunch

  because jesse is on invokana, any suggestions for more than acth and insulin?  jesse appears well for his age   ,  thanks 
--
LJ Friedman  Nov 2014 Vista,   Northern  San Diego, CA

Jesse and majestic ‘s Case History 
Jesse's Photos

 


Re: Gavis sudden spike in insulin and acth,Help!

Sherry Morse
 

Hi Tara,

When was the ACTH test done?  Can you upload a copy of his test results to your Case History folder?  Having an updated case history would go a long way to helping us as well but if that result was after he was switched to pergolide and had been on it for at least 3 weeks I would plan on at least doubling his dose.  Did you see where Dr. Kellon asked about his Lyme status as well?





Re: Gavis sudden spike in insulin and acth,Help!

 

Hi Tara,

Here’s a link to your previous post.  The two threads have the same names but don’t seem to be linked.

There’s really no accurate way of knowing how much of a dose increase it would take to bring him into range.  I would plan to at least double what he’s getting now, increasing the dose by half a Prascend at a time for a few days.  After reaching a stopping point, wait three weeks and then test again.  Eventually, you can adjust his pergolide based on disconcerting symptoms and test less frequently.  There’s really no harm in giving more than necessary and the dose can always be decreased.

If you have had problems with a veil, you may want to pretreat.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response
July 2012 
 
Logo (dec. 7/20/19), Tobit(EC) and Pumpkin, Handy and Silver (EC/IR)

Martha and Logo


 
 

28341 - 28360 of 283952