grazing muzzle & snow

Linda <lindarollins38@...>

We got a foot of snow yesterday. Can Peanut forgo the muzzle today -
and for a few days to come? More snow this weekend too.

Yurhunny2@...

We got a foot of snow yesterday. Can Peanut forgo the muzzle today -
and for a few days to come? More snow this weekend too.

Though we haven't had too much snow yet here i'm leaving Sparks muzzle on during this winter.? We feed hay out in the fields when there is snow on the ground, and the few flakes that are out there will be gone in seconds when tha muzzle isn't on. So it's easier for me, and better for her if i keep it on to allow for more chewing (working!) time. But i'm not a guru on here, just sending you my thoughts.? Stay Warm!

Amy + Sparkle

Katherine Morrow <sunflowerhill07@...>

Hi Linda,

Keep the muzzle on!!! The horses will paw their way thru the snow and eat the grass. Looks funny, I know I have great pictures from last year muzzle and snow. Hummmm, maybe I should find them after Christmas.

Linda <lindarollins38@...> wrote:
We got a foot of snow yesterday. Can Peanut forgo the muzzle today -
and for a few days to come? More snow this weekend too.

Julia Bonar <keystone@...>

We had six inches of snow about a month ago and I thought the same thing, so I took Beck's muzzle off. I checked on him about two hours later and he had cleared out a 15 foot circle and was eating the grizzled up grass as fast as he could get it down.

That cured me of any kind thoughts about muzzle relief!!! :-)))

Julia