ODTBC question

horsecorrect <horsecorrect@...>

Is the amount fed per day of these cubes based on dry weight or after
the cubes have been soaked with water? To feed dry weight is running me
quickly to the poor house! If anyone has insight, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Denise

briarskingstonnet <briars@...>

It's Dry Weight,Denise.

Lorna

horsecorrect <horsecorrect@...>

--- In EquineCushings@..., "briarskingstonnet" <briars@...>
wrote:

It's Dry Weight,Denise.

Lorna
That's what I thought since water would not provide any calorie value
but the feed distributor seemed to think otherwise. Thanks for the
input...although I was hoping for some relief in feeding costs! :-)
Whatever "the girls" need, that's what they'll get. Thanks, Lorna, for
your response.

jarrahbrearebreazebridie

--- In EquineCushings@..., "horsecorrect"
<horsecorrect@...> wrote:

--- In EquineCushings@..., "briarskingstonnet" <briars@>
although I was hoping for some relief in feeding costs!
...Denise you can also suppliment a portion of cubes with non-molassed
beet pulp or r/s/r/ reg beet pulp to help off set costs.
Angela
jarrahbrearebreazebridie

briarskingstonnet <briars@...>

Denise,it depends on your horse's status,but if you aren't needing to
be tight,tight with your balancing act,perhaps you could add beet pulp
to your mix?Keep in mind the profile for beet pulp and see what several
(dry) pounds would do to your numbers.
Or if there are other available timothy cubes or tim/alfalfa cubes
available with a decent profile(decent meaning one that wouldn't put
your diet in a bad place)maybe you coud add some of them?Just(haha,as
if it's EASY!) play with the numbers and see what you can come up with.
I have a line on some cubes called Select Cubes,which Angela knows
intimately,which have a low NSC(um I mean ESC+starch).They come from
Legal Products in Alberta.
It's like pulling hen's teeth,but I'm keeping on it.
Same reason as yours.

Lorna
Kingston,Ontario