looking for old post

ponyjackpal <takarri@...>

Hi
I am looking for an old message & have spent too many hours searching.
Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
It was regarding a conversation between someone having a problem with
their vet & testing for glucose/insulin & a comment was made that they
thought the vet was testing for a certain type of test that was wrong?
& costly, when all they had to do was request (?). It did generate a
bit of feedback- regarding problem vet(?). It was a few months ago & I
have given up looking for it-
I have access to Iddexx(Aus) & I was given similar info- but something
doesn't sit right.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Pauline & Jack(pony)

briarskingstonnet <briars@...>

Hi Pauline,

Did you try the Files section here?
Look under Blood Testing for IR and Cushings

Lorna

Mandy Woods

Hi Pauline,
That could have been Dr. Kellon describing the Glucose Tolerance Test. Do a 'search' with her name and gtt to see if that is what you're looking for.
Mandy and Asher in VA

--- In EquineCushings@..., "ponyjackpal" <takarri@...>
wrote:

Hi
I am looking for an old message & have spent too many hours
searching.
Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.
It was regarding a conversation between someone having a problem with
their vet & testing for glucose/insulin & a comment was made that
they
thought the vet was testing for a certain type of test that was
wrong?
& costly, when all they had to do was request (?).
Could be:

Glucose tolerance test - instead get glucose and insulin from the same
draw

Dexamethazone suppression test - instead get ACTH

Cortisol - instead get ACTH

Ring any bells?

Kathleen (KFG in KCMO)