draft horses

laviniamfiscaletti <dnlf@...>

Hi Ann, I have a draft cross-Nappi-who is IR/Cushings. He's had a much
shaggier coat the last 2 years but tested negative until mid-2007.
Luckily, he's never foundered but he has had stretch white lines in the
past. These big boys (and girls) are a trip! Welcome to the list and
all the wonderful folks on it.

Lavinia, Nappi and George

Anne M. Clarkson <katzpa92@...>

Hi Lavinia, yes I am learning more every day, about the "Daffy Drafty".
After visiting the site last night and seeing all the information about
lamintitis and white lines I wanted to go out today and get a good look at
Bertha's feet. I figured that if she had any problems I might be able to
tell by the way she moved, if it was really bad, or by the way they looked
or smelled. Well of course after thinking about it all night I was sure I
was going to go out there find that she had gone lame all around and was
tender on all four feet. I just knew I was a bad horse Mama and that she
would fall over and shake four great big Bertha feet at me and bemoan the
terrible treatment she was suffering under my care. HAH! That big stinker!
If she has sore feet then I am Hillary Clinton! I figured I would just
walk up to her at the hay bale, her usual location of choice, and slip a
lead line on her then take her to the front of the field and clean her feet.
That brat took off and I spent the next 45 minutes trying to catch her
fuzzy butt while she played keep away and chased my Spotted Saddle Horse,
who, by the way, is 17 hands and no slouch at running all over the pasture.
I finally resorted to treats to catch her.
Well, at least tonight I can sleep better, if not because I know her feet
are fine then because I am exhausted from running to Hell and back.

AA