Nutrena Lite Balance v. blue seal carb guard

julie <juliecongleton@...>

Has anybody tested this Nutrena Lite Balance? I searched our files and
did a search on our messages.......would you feed Carb Guard as you
would a regular grain product? I have ordered two bags of this for the
foundered mare at our barn. She has a 9 degree rotation on the right
front. She is eating my low s/s hay. She has not been tested for IR.
she is about 10 years. Saddlebred. Very cresty, but ribby. Crest
comes and goes with exercise. She refuses the bp. She is sort of on
the emerg diet, using TCSS forage as the carrier for additives.
Wonder, when do we go to Carb Guard from TC........The owner has been
feeding the Nutrena product prior to the grass laminitis attack (Or do
you call it founder????) xrays have confirmed rotation on the
right.....baseline is a 5 degree rotation to start with from films from
last year. Mare has a history of laminitis/founder attacks.
Hugs, Julie (with cinderella)

Mandy Woods

Julie,
My notes say Nutrena Lite Balance is 17.1% esc/s so there's nothing lite about that! Take the bags back to the store. BS Carb Guard is 11% or less but 8% FAT...not soo good. I use a little bit as a seasoning. I would suggest you try TCLite as its now testing below 10% and start sneaking in a little bp at a time till you get to 50/50.
Mandy

julie congleton <juliecongleton@...>

Well, don't laff, but she is really ribby......except for the
crest.......so, can she have the fat?????

Till I have your disposition, your goodness, I never can have your happiness
Spoken by Lizzy to her sister Jane...Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

My notes say Nutrena Lite Balance is 17.1% esc/s so there's nothing lite
about that! Take the bags back to the store. BS Carb Guard is 11% or less
but 8% FAT...not soo good. I use a little bit as a seasoning. I would
suggest you try TCLite as its now testing below 10% and start sneaking in a
little bp at a time till you get to 50/50.
Mandy

All posts copyrighted the year posted, all rights reserved to the author of
the post and list owner. Posts may NOT be copied or intellectual property
used elsewhere without written permission of the author and/or list owner.

Post message: EquineCushings@...
Subscribe: EquineCushings-subscribe@...

Yahoo! Groups Links

julie congleton <juliecongleton@...>

Okay, the fat is bad....I was just reading the Triple Crown site....the TC
products are an hour from here:( and I ordered in the Blue Seal......so,
cancel that order, I guess?

Mandy Woods

depends on how much you plan on feeding. I feed one pound a day to each horse as a flavor. If you need it as a complete feed, I would be very observant of the feet for heat/pulses/soreness! and since this horse is down with founder.....I would soak hay and use a handful of BSCG to carry the minerals.
Mandy

Mandy Woods

Nobody is laughing, Julie. A skinny horse can be IR. Fat worsens IR. Its an individual reaction. Try her on a little bit first and see how she does.
mw