Can Cushings cause a change in temperament?

redpony84

still she threatens me when shes fed up with things like blankets...she would never ever have tried to do that before she got sick.

That's exactly when my mare is her nastiest. She's never even twitched an ear at me before in the 18 years I've owned her but recently has been quite sensitive about blanket adjustments.

...maybe it's just a chesnut mare thing.

Mary
Ontario
May 2009

muff747

Hope you don't mind me chipping in here. My gelding, only recently diagnosed PPID, has always been grumpier in the winter when we almost always blanket our horses. He has high withers (TB) and when I first bought him 15yrs ago, I realised his withers were getting sore from the pressure of the blankets. They were stiff and heavy in those days, now we have lightweight but warm quilt type blankets which are lined with nylon so when he lowers his head to eat, it slips forward, not like the cotton lined which used to slip back, so when he lowered his head, it pulled down tight onto his withers again.
Hope this might help?
Chris/Matty UK 07/09

still she threatens me when shes fed up with things like blankets...> That's exactly when my mare is her nastiest.