Dazzle's new test results

Joan and Dazzle

As many of you know, Dazzle is the princess of my life. I've had problems for years that revolved around her painful cycles. What's been the absolute worst is that her insulin and ACTH have gotten progressively worse. She was on a low sugar/starch/fat diet. She was on pergolide. Nothing I did seemed to help.

With Dr. Kellon's guidance, we tried a new protocol several months ago. I couldn't believe the difference. I've subsequently run the tests 2 more times (because I couldn't believe it), each time, the numbers were excellent.

Test....... 7/15/2009 ...... 7/10/2010
ACTH....... 72.5 ............. 16
Glucose.... 121 .............. 97
Insulin.... 146 .............. 29

Her crest is gone. Her udders are flat.

Another horse has recently gone on this protocol with similar results.

If you have the diet in place, but still have bad numbers, and would like more information, please contact Dr. Kellon privately at
drkellon <at> gmail.com

Joan and Dazzle
EC Primary Response Team
Anaheim, CA 2006

Nancy C

Great news Joan! Congrats to you, Dazzle and Dr Kellon.

Nancy C in NH
February 2003
Moderator

Visit our new site:
http://www.ecirhorse.com/

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Joan and Dazzle" <horsies4luv@...> wrote:
Her crest is gone. Her udders are flat.

Another horse has recently gone on this protocol with similar results.

If you have the diet in place, but still have bad numbers, and would like more information, please contact Dr. Kellon privately at
drkellon <at> gmail.com

jenalfriston <jennimac@...>

That is sensational Joan! Very, very happy for you. Realise this new protocol would have be tailor made for Dazzle but are you able to share the details with us all?

Best wishes
Jenni, New Zealand
June 2008

With Dr. Kellon's guidance, we tried a new protocol several months ago. I couldn't believe the difference. I've subsequently run the tests 2 more times (because I couldn't believe it), each time, the numbers were excellent.
Joan and Dazzle
EC Primary Response Team
Anaheim, CA 2006

Lynn Swearingen <lynngs@...>

Please tell what the diet is that made such a difference.

Lynn Swearingen
Tomball, TX.
2007 ish

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

I can't comment publicly on the details yet. There's a paper in the works so the information cannot have "published" previously. However, if anyone has a horse that is on a very tight diet, pergolide if PPID, and insulin is remaining very elevated you can contact me by e-mail.

EC Co-owner
Feb 2001