Vet that will prescribe pergolide (compounded) in LA

annettescherr@ymail.com

Hi everybody. Does anyone know of a vet that will prescribe the compounded pergolide here in the San Fernando Valley? My vet refused to prescribe anything but Prascend. The mare with cushings has been abandoned on my property and I can't afford to purchase the Prascend. Thanks. Annette

Annette & IR Mustang Sparky
Member since Jan 2011
Southern California
ascherr@...
annettescherr@...
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvUiGq3

Megan Gaynes <meganegaynes@...>

Hi Annette-

If you are in the West San Fernando Valley, Chatsworth area, Dr Kemper and
Dr Sullivan of West Coast Equine will come out to you (they are in Somis).
They are above and beyond the best vets in the area -- in Santa Clarita,
I'm forced to trailer out to them even for routine vet care! They prescribe
compounded pergolide to me, which I order through Thriving Pets. They may
want to prescribe Prascend, but explain to them why you would prefer not
to. Be nice but assertive, and they will work with you.

If you are East SFV, though I never had him prescribe pergolide, the only
vet I trust out there is Dr Wheat. Have you tried him? If he wants to
prescribe Prascend, he is a reasonable man with everything else, so I
imagine he will respond to your thoughts.

Ironically, I'm looking for a vet that will prescribe me Previcox. That I'm
having no luck with, and my Cushing's horse with severe ringbone and
sidebone is barely responding to two bute/day..

Megan
Los Angeles, CA
Brandy (PPID) and May (OTTB) (and a few rescues..)

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:36 AM, Annette <annettescherr@...> wrote:

**

Hi everybody. Does anyone know of a vet that will prescribe the compounded
pergolide here in the San Fernando Valley? My vet refused to prescribe
anything but Prascend. The mare with cushings has been abandoned on my
property and I can't afford to purchase the Prascend. Thanks. Annette

Annette & IR Mustang Sparky
Member since Jan 2011
Southern California
ascherr@...
annettescherr@...
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjvUiGq3

Valeree Smith

Annette,

Also Dr. Susan Bauer. She and Dr. Wheat cover each others' clients.

Valeree & GD
ECHK Support Team
SoCal, 09/03

If you are East SFV, though I never had him prescribe pergolide, the only
vet I trust out there is Dr Wheat.

***PLEASE BE SURE TO REMOVE UNNECESSARY DUPLICATED MATERIAL FROM THE MESSAGE YOU ARE REPLYING TO BEFORE YOU HIT SEND -- ONLY LEAVE ENOUGH SO YOUR REPLY IS UNDERSTOOD***

Shortcut URL to this page:

All posts copyrighted the year posted, all rights reserved to the author of the post and list owner. Posts may NOT be copied or intellectual property used elsewhere without written permission of the author and/or list owner.

Post message: EquineCushings@...
Subscribe: EquineCushings-subscribe@...

loes <loes1@...>

Annette: Dr. Ragsdale (office is in Newhall) will prescribe pergolide. Other vets in the practice are: Dr. Dyck, Dr. Robinson & Dr. Rouche.

Loes
So CA (April 2008)

Does anyone know of a vet that will prescribe the compounded
pergolide here in the San Fernando Valley?

Annette & IR Mustang Sparky
Member since Jan 2011
Southern California

All posts copyrighted the year posted, all rights reserved to the author of the post and list owner. Posts may NOT be copied or intellectual property used elsewhere without written permission of the author and/or list owner.

Post message: EquineCushings@...
Subscribe: EquineCushings-subscribe@...

Megan Gaynes <meganegaynes@...>

Those specific vets are why I trailer to Somis....... Use them at your own
risk.

Megan
Los Angeles, CA
Brandy (PPID) and May
_,___

**

Annette: Dr. Ragsdale (office is in Newhall) will prescribe pergolide.
Other vets in the practice are: Dr. Dyck, Dr. Robinson & Dr. Rouche.

loes <loes1@...>

We have all had heartbreaking experiences with different vets / farriers / trainers. I have used them for years and my experience with the group has been excellent.

Loes
So. Cal April 2008

On Feb 22, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Megan Gaynes wrote:

Those specific vets are why I trailer to Somis....... Use them at your own
risk.

Megan
Los Angeles, CA
Brandy (PPID) and May
_,___

annettescherr@ymail.com

Hey Megan et all: Dr. Ragsdale's office is split on the issue. Some will prescribe and some won't. Dr. Robertson definitely won't. When I called the office and explained the situation to Julie, she said since I was using Robertson, they wouldn't contradict his recommendation. i will call West Coast Equine and see what Dr. Sullivan says. Is Dr. Bradley still practicing???

Annette & IR Mustang Sparky
Member since Jan 2011
Southern California
ascherr@...