Dumor Equistages

edain_rides

Does anyone have an analysis for Dumor (aka Purina) Equistages, especially the ESC and starch? I know what the ingredients are, and I would never feed it to an IR horse. Molasses as the fourth ingredient and wheat middlings the first. But, my hope here is to convince a person who is feeding it to a horse that used to belong to me (a long story that doesn't bear going into)to stop doing so, and for that having the ESC and starch numbers would help.

Thanks,
Barbara
Middle Tennessee (formerly southwest PA)
Sept 2007

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Hi Barbara,

I searched and I can't find the Esc and Starch numbers for Dumor, but I might make a suggestion for helping you track them down....

Based on my search, it is my understanding is that Dumor Equistages is made by Purina for the Tractor Supply Company to sell as their house brand horse feed. It is supposed to comparable to Purina's Strategy Line of feeds. You might want to give Tractor Supply a call/email and ask for the S/S number or at least see if they will verify it is comparable to the Strategy feeds. What I have found on line is that Strategy has a very high NSC. I have found references of 28-30%. I can't find anything on the Purina site or Tractor Supply regarding NSC, Esc or Starch for Strategy or Dumor Equistages.

Someone else may have more information for you. There is a Strategy Feed Tag posted in the Feed Analyses File, but it doesn't have the S/S.

I agree with you that just based on the analysis and ingredients, regardless of S/S that there are much better options to feed.

Kathy Brinkerhoff

SE/WI 2007

--- In EquineCushings@..., "edain_rides" <edain@...> wrote:

Does anyone have an analysis for Dumor (aka Purina) Equistages, especially the ESC and starch?

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Barbara, I meant to include the analysis and ingredients for Dumor Equistages in my last post.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/dumor-reg-equistages-horse-feed-50-lb--5109922