help with new blood work

millionairess1989

Hello,
Just got back the results on Mill's latest blood work from Cornell. I am not sure where to go from here. I will get this to her file later today. She has been on 1.5mg of Pergolide.

ACTH 68.1 (9-35)
Glucose 91 (71-113)
Insulin 37 (10-40)
Leptin 4.339 (1-4)

Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

You need to talk with your vet about adjusting pergolide dose to get better control. This is the best time of year for PPID horses but the highest ACTH you have on record.

EC Co-owner
Feb 2001

millionairess1989

Hi Dr Kellon,
I know and that has me worried. She has been on 1.5mg since probably January, down from 2mg during the fall. What sort of dosing protocol should we try? This is really a surprise since she looks great, shed out better than she has in years and is even showing dapples in her coat.
Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011

Lavinia <dnlf@...>

Just got back the results on Mill's latest blood work from Cornell. I am not sure where to go from here. I will get this to her file later today. She has been on 1.5mg of Pergolide.
ACTH 68.1 (9-35)
Glucose 91 (71-113)
Insulin 37 (10-40)
Leptin 4.339 (1-4)
Hi Jennifer,
ACTH is still quite high given this is the time of year when it should be at it's lowest so definitely need to up the pergolide dose. What form (liquid/powder/caps/tablet) is your perg?
Insulin and glucose certainly not outrageius but definitely IR. Could be due at least in part to PPID not being well controlled.

Lavinia, Dante, Georeg Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team

millionairess1989

Hi Lavinia,

ACTH is still quite high given this is the time of year when it should be at it's lowest so definitely need to up the pergolide dose. What form (liquid/powder/caps/tablet) is your perg?
They are capsules from Thriving Pets.

Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

--- In EquineCushings@..., "millionairess1989" <millionairess1989@...> wrote:

Hi Dr Kellon,
I know and that has me worried. She has been on 1.5mg since probably January, down from 2mg during the fall. What sort of dosing protocol should we try?
You need to get your own vet on board on this but I'd try 2 mg and retest in 3 weeks. An alternative would be to try Prascend, especially if your capsules aren't fresh.

EC Co-owner
Feb 2001