latest ACTH & blood work


millionairess1989
 

Hi,
Here is Mill's latest results from Cornell:
ACTH 43.7 pg/mL (9-35)
Insulin 17.05 uIU/mL (10-40)
Glucose 90 mg/dL (71-113)
Triglycerides 29 mg/dL (14-77)

Mill is getting 2mg capsules of Pergolide from Thriving Pets. I plan to retest in Aug or Sept. What should I increase to now and for seasonal rise or until nest testing?

I have 2 different kinds of Pergolide from 2 different pharmacies that I can contribute to the Pergolide potentcy testing effort if needed.

Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory3/Millionairess


Nancy C
 

Hi Jenn

Yes. Assuming she was calm on testing day, I'd be increasing now. Do you see clinical signs at all? Depending on that I might increase by 1 mg. I'll leave it to Dr K to correct me.

Dr K should also catch your pergolide contributions. If not send her a private email. Eleanor Kellon VMD <drkellon@...>

Thanks for your help with this.

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003

NewEnglandEquineBalance@...

--- In EquineCushings@..., "millionairess1989" <millionairess1989@...> wrote:

Hi,
Here is Mill's latest results from Cornell:
ACTH 43.7 pg/mL (9-35)
Insulin 17.05 uIU/mL (10-40)
Glucose 90 mg/dL (71-113)
Triglycerides 29 mg/dL (14-77)

Mill is getting 2mg capsules of Pergolide from Thriving Pets. I plan to retest in Aug or Sept. What should I increase to now and for seasonal rise or until nest testing?

I have 2 different kinds of Pergolide from 2 different pharmacies that I can contribute to the Pergolide potentcy testing effort if needed.

Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory3/Millionairess


millionairess1989
 

Hi Nancy,

Assuming she was calm on testing day, I'd be increasing now. Do you see clinical signs at all? Depending on that I might increase by 1 mg. I'll leave it to Dr K to correct me.
Yes, Mill was calm and the testing routine & environment were the same. So should we increase at .25mg every 3-4 days until we reach 3mg or spread it out more so we reach 3mg by Aug/Sept?
Thanks,
Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011


Nancy C
 

Hi Jennifer

Check out this folder

<http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/EquineCushings/files/Drugs%2C%20Pergolide%2C%20Cushings%20Disease%20Treatments/Pergolide%20Dosage/>

And look at the dosing docs. The post seasonal rise doc will also give a dosing recommendation but in reverse. Hope that makes sense.

She should be at her lowest levels now, so I think I'd go to the extra amount without waiting for August. It will be July 1st before you reach 3 mg going every four days or so. You want to stay ahead of the rise. Keep an eye on clinical signs.

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003

NewEnglandEquineBalance@...

--- In EquineCushings@..., "millionairess1989" <millionairess1989@...> wrote:

Yes, Mill was calm and the testing routine & environment were the same. So should we increase at .25mg every 3-4 days until we reach 3mg or spread it out more so we reach 3mg by Aug/Sept?
Thanks,
Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011