Seasonal rise and pergolide?

Chanda

Ok, so I understand increasing pergolide to counteract the effects of the seasonal rise, but by the same token, is the pergolide then decreased again after the seasonal rise is over? And, if so, about when does it start to decrease?
Chanda
MT 9/04

lisanne5

In some horses pergolide can be decreased in winter and spring. There is a document about this in the files, :
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sIU9UBRk3IIGnyGi6X7c5eUUWP5NSzfEZkQ7R1dAO-gfhIgCKDbt-WLZCa8_Wmpuj7KvMBvyC-tyMvvBqwi9ost_eRrV/Drugs%2C%20Pergolide%2C%20Cushings%20Disease%20Treatments/Pergolide%20Dosage/Weaning%20Down%20Pergolide%20Post%20Seasonal%20Rise.pdf

If the above link doesn't work, look in this folder: Drugs, Pergolide, Cushings Disease Treatments > Pergolide Dosage

There are some great slides (#23-29) on seasonal rise in a presentation given in March this year that is referred to in this post:
170604

According to the presentation above, ACTH in most horses begins to drop off significantly in November, but with my own horse I have not noticed it until late December or first of January.

Lisanne and Lacey
Western Oregon
09.2010

Nancy C