Please check mineral balancing - 2nd post

gverrecchio <verrecchiodvm@...>

Hello, I understand how busy all the volunteers are nd feel a bit guilty about re-posting but.... I think this fell thru the cracks.....does anyone have time to review my balancing attempt?

hay analysis and updated history for Mosi can be found here:
arolina/

Mosi is currently 825 lbs by wgt tape, no work and 20 years old Icelandic.
If I've done this correctly it looks like 16 lbs of hay plus minerals added in
the following amounts will balance his ration. I am uncertain about the amount
of Mn I should add. The following amount for Mn reflects the 50% of Zinc which is also
1.5XNRC.

add to 16# hay
Mg 4 grams

Cu 168 mg
Zn 520 mg
Mn 162 mg
Se 0.5 mg

Iodized Salt 2 oz
Vit E 2000
Omega Horshine 1/4 c.

Iodine is slightly low as estimated provided by the Salt, I can add a bit of
Source ???
Thanks for the help. I plan to contact HorseTech or Uckele about compounding
the mineral mix and just want to be sure I have the calculations done correctly.
This mix will also be used to balance hay for my other horses.

Thank you for any help you may have time to offer. I read almost all the posts
but primarily lurk :-)

Gloria Mosi, Fonix, Sara in NC
Aug 2012

BTW...I would be happy to compensate whomever for the help. Just contact me off
list thank you.

Lorna <briars@...>

Hi Gloria,

Here is a link of some people who are helping with mineral balancing:

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

capnmrgn2000 <capnmrgn2000@...>

Hello, I understand how busy all the volunteers are nd feel a bit guilty about re-posting but.... I think this fell thru the cracks.....does anyone have time to review my balancing attempt?

HI Gloria,
I can take a look at it for you!

CHeryl and Ollie in MA
Jan. 2004