Still Need Assistance in Lexington, KY area:

martha williams

1 .Since there is no possible source of ODBTC in this area, and since a
very laminitic horse
is used to these cubes as an important part of her diet, what would be
a substitute that
would be feasible in a hospital type situation?
2. Where can we find the information about excessive iron -we have
already checked the file on
that subject. (Maybe didn't look in the right place.)
Question: What ranges are considered acceptable? And is 131 ppm As
Sampled
excessive?
Thank you very much. M. Williams/D.Dubrow NYC/Hudson
Valley, NY '08

gypsylassie

--- In EquineCushings@..., martha williams <mjwd444@...> wrote:

1 .Since there is no possible source of ODBTC in this area, and since a
very laminitic horse is used to these cubes as an important part of her diet, what would be
a substitute that would be feasible in a hospital type situation?...
Hi Martha,
Is the horse already down there? You probably already thought of this, but is there any way someone going to visit the horse could take a load of ODTBCs with them? Up to one pallet of ODTBCs will fit in the bed of a pick up truck that has a topper.
I don't know if it is allowed to give her name, moderators?, but there is a member down in Lexington that may not be following the posts right now. She might have some ideas. She has a great DIY Ice boot in the "emergency protocol - horse got out on grass" folder.
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

I just called Southern States in Lexington KY. They can ORDER in the cubes
(buy don't have them in stock). There is nota minimum. Here is the
contact information

Address: 2570 Palumbo Dr, Lexington, KY
Phone:(859) 255-7524
Prices:
$$$$
Hours:

Friday hours 7:30 am–6:00 pm

FYI, they know them as Timothy Balancer Cubes. I get them at the Southern
States in Huntington WV about 2 hours north east of your horse. and the
first time I called they were confused but were going to check on ordering
them in. When they found the info we discovered we were talking about the
same thing and they had them in stock. the sad thing is that my SS may be
closing so I'm going to have to look for another source.

Sandi and Cody in WV
2007

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 1:03 PM, martha williams <mjwd444@...> wrote:

**

1 .Since there is no possible source of ODBTC in this area, and since a
very laminitic horse
is used to these cubes as an important part of her diet, what would be
a substitute that
would be feasible in a hospital type situation?
2. Where can we find the information about excessive iron -we have
already checked the file on
that subject. (Maybe didn't look in the right place.)
Question: What ranges are considered acceptable? And is 131 ppm As
Sampled
excessive?
Thank you very much. M. Williams/D.Dubrow NYC/Hudson
Valley, NY '08

gypsylassie

--- In EquineCushings@..., martha williams <mjwd444@...> wrote:

Martha,
I just sent an email about your dilemma to a friend who lives in Bowling Green, Ky. It's a bit of a distance, but I'll let you know if I get any possible solutions for you.
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

gypsylassie

--- In EquineCushings@..., martha williams <mjwd444@...> wrote:

Martha, Can she chew hay, or does she need a softer style food?
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

Nancy Hayden <nancyahayden@...>

I live in KY about three hours from Lexington and when I got my ODBTC cubes ordered them from Southern States. I know there are a couple of Southern States stores in Lexington. I would call and see how quickly they can get some for you. If I had any left, I would bring them to you, but I don't...sorry.
Nancy
KY 2011

Nancy Hayden
nancyahayden@...

Your'e entirely bonkers! But, I will tell you a secret...all the BEST people are.
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

1 .Since there is no possible source of ODBTC in this area, and since a
very laminitic horse is used to these cubes as an important part of her diet, what would be
a substitute that would be feasible in a hospital type situation?...
Hi Martha,
Is the horse already down there? You probably already thought of this, but is there any way someone going to visit the horse could take a load of ODTBCs with them? Up to one pallet of ODTBCs will fit in the bed of a pick up truck that has a topper.
I don't know if it is allowed to give her name, moderators?, but there is a member down in Lexington that may not be following the posts right now. She might have some ideas. She has a great DIY Ice boot in the "emergency protocol - horse got out on grass" folder.
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

iluvzhorses <iluvzhorses@...>

I just learned that Southern States carries these. The are made by Ontario Dehy, but are just called Timothy Balance Cubes by Triple Crown. If you have a Southern States they can order them, but the product may not be in the local dealers book. They can call their distributor and have them shipped with their regular order. I just had to do this for one of my horses... Best of luck.... I may be able to get the product number on Mon. if anyone is interested...