Stabul 1 can be ordered at Tractor Supply

gypsylassie

I was just talking to Anderson Feed and they said we can now get Stabul 1 at Tractor Supply.  It's a special order item and requires a 10 bag order, but it definitely is now available.  Just have to talk to the store manager and if they're hesitant, they can call Anderson Feed to set up delivery.  Probably a good idea to get the free sample of Stabul 1 from Anderson Feed just to be sure the horse likes it.
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

Laura, is this true for all Tractor Supply stores or just the one near you?  I've been trying to find it for a long time, all I can find around here is TC Lite, which might still be too high in S & S.

Jennifer & Shahtahr

Clovis, CA

2012

gypsylassie

---In EquineCushings@..., <equinecushings@...> wrote:

Laura, is this true for all Tractor Supply stores or just the one near you?

Jennifer,

Anderson Feed said they have an agreement with the corporate office of Tractor Supply for Stabul 1 to be on their "special order" list in all of their stores.  He did say that some of the managers at some of the T.S. stores might not be "up to speed" on the agreement, but if that happens, the store manager can call Anderson Feed for the details, or  verify with Corporate.

Laura K. Chappie & Beau

N.IL.2011

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Hi Jennifer,

I spoke with Anderson Feed yesterday (Thursday, 10/31) and I was told that one could order Stabul 1 through any Tractor Supply store across the country.  I was, also, told it was a 10 bag minimum.

Laura's suggestion to get a free sample from Anderson Feed is a good idea.

Kathy Brinkerhoff

SE/WI  10/12

ferne fedeli

Do you have any idea about the shelf life of Stabul 1???  If I ordered 10 bags, it would be lasting me for 3-4 months and I'm worried that it might get bugs in it by then...  Guess I should call them and ask.
Ferne Fedeli
No. California
4/2010

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 5:05 AM, <kathbrink@...> wrote:

[...]

Valletta Lochridge

One more bit of clarification........I just spoke with Randy at Anderson Feed.  The 10 bag minimum is for the store - not the individual.  In other words, the store must commit to 10 bags, not you.  If you can line up a couple of people in your area who are interested in using the Stabul 1, the TSC manager might be more comfortable ordering the 10 bags.  The manager can call the TSC corporate office or Anderson Feed for assistance placing the order.  The shelf life of the bagged feed is 8-10 months but Randy says that the flavoring will start to lose potency sooner than that.  Woo Hoo!  My sample is on the way!

Valletta with Dot, Roscoe and Nick in central CA
Jan 2012

gypsylassie

---In EquineCushings@..., <equinecushings@...> wrote:

One more bit of clarification........I just spoke with Randy at Anderson Feed.  The 10 bag minimum is for the store - not the individual.  In other words, the store must commit to 10 bags, not you.  If you can line up a couple of people in your area.....

Stabul 1 is also still available at any local feed store that is willing to order for us.
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

Nancy C

Hi Ferne

When first bringing it here to NH, the company said six months.

We went through it much faster than that.

Nancy C in NH

www.ECIRhorse.org

Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup

gypsylassie

---In EquineCushings@..., <equinecushings@...> wrote:

Do you have any idea about the shelf life of Stabul 1???  If I ordered 10 bags, it would be lasting me for 3-4 months and I'm worried that it might get bugs in it by then...  Guess I should call them and ask.

Hi Ferne, Valletta's post mentions 8 mnths, but that Randy said the flavoring could lose strength before that.  So may depend on how "picky" each horse is.  Is there anyone nearby who could share a shipment with you?
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

ferne fedeli

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 3:51 PM, <lcknie@...> wrote:
  Is there anyone nearby who could share a shipment with you?
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011

I don't know.  Anyone in Sonoma, Lake or Mendocino counties that would be interested?

Ferne Fedeli
No. California
4/2010