ODBTC - Lexington. Ky. Area

martha williams

Horse in hospital - we use approx 13  Lb ODBTC per day - we are almost out -  shipper did not send as scheduled. Will get
here we don't know when.  Does anyone know of any place
near Lexington where we could get a few bags?   There is a
Standlee,  but as far as we can discover, the only low esc/starch
they have is non-molassed beet pulp Or Alfalfa/Timothy
Cubes.......This horse cannot have alfalfa.
      Hospital has very good hay -  OK ESC/STARCH, plus it is
soaked. (seems high in manganese).  PLEASE- ADVISE?
       THANKS!.  Williams/Dubrow. NY. '08

Nancy C

Martha -
Try contacting Aurelio at Ontario Dehy
aurelio henriques <ahenriques@...>
Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
http://ecirhorse.org/index.php/non-profit-group

Aurelio Henriques

Hi, Martha,
    I saw your posting on the group. I am sorry to hear about your horse being in the hospital.
If the hay is no more than 10% ESC plus Starch it should be safe on that front.
If it is rinsed it will help further in case of unforeseen variations in the hay.
I hope that the Timothy Balance cubes may arrive at your store quickly.
In Kentucky, the cubes are distributed through Southern States. It is possible that some other store not too far from you
may have some bags in stock.
I unfortunately do not have a list of stores carrying the cubes - only of distributors, but I suggest you either
phone around to the southern states stores around you and inquire about this, or, call or email
Kelly Payne and see if she can't give you a hand trying to locate the cubes in your area.
Her phone number is 484-269-2707 Kelly (cell).
I copy Kelly on the cc above so that she is aware of this inquiry.

Many thanks, and please let me know how things work out. I hope your horse gets better soon.

Aurelio

On 3/11/2014 1:35 PM, martha williams wrote:

Horse in hospital - we use approx 13  Lb ODBTC per day - we are almost out -  shipper did not send as scheduled. Will get
here we don't know when.  Does anyone know of any place
near Lexington where we could get a few bags?   There is a
Standlee,  but as far as we can discover, the only low esc/starch
they have is non-molassed beet pulp Or Alfalfa/Timothy
Cubes.......This horse cannot have alfalfa.
      Hospital has very good hay -  OK ESC/STARCH, plus it is
soaked. (seems high in manganese).  PLEASE- ADVISE?
       THANKS!.  Williams/Dubrow. NY. '08

martha williams

Thank you Nancy and Aurelio.   Lara Levine (Southern States)
is having 2 bags sent UPS for Thurs.  If more still does not
arrive by FRI. we will indeed be "up a tree".  Already tried
many other stores.....Even though zillions of horses in Lex.,
they tell me no one else uses these!
    MANY THANKS.  Williams/Dubrow. NY. '08

On Mar 11, 2014 5:59 PM, "Aurelio Henriques" <ahenriques@...> wrote:

[...]

gypsylassie

---In EquineCushings@..., <mjwd444@...> wrote :

Lara Levine (Southern States) is having 2 bags sent UPS for Thurs.  If more still does not
arrive by FRI. we will indeed be "up a tree".  Already tried
many other stores...
....If the hay is no more than 10% ESC plus Starch it should be safe on that front.If it is rinsed it will help further in case of unforeseen variations in the hay......

 ....Hospital has very good hay -  OK ESC/STARCH, plus it is soaked....

Hi Martha,

I don't remember all your horse's details, but if she can eat hay and r/s/r beet pulp, you could give her a little of the hospital hay and some beet pulp in order to stretch your ODTBCs.  I'd start slowly so her intestinal flora gets used to it, but that would be one thing to try.  When substituting -- beet pulp has more calories than hay.  I think  1 lb BP equals about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs hay.  (weigh the BP dry and then r/s/r)

Laura K. Chappie & Beau

N.IL.2011

martha williams

Thanks Laura K.-  Good ideas!
  Dubrow/Williams.    NY  '08

On Mar 11, 2014 6:43 PM, <lcknie@...> wrote:

---In EquineCushings@..., wrote :

[...]

fionn@...

There's a guy at Southern States in Versailles KY who is really helpful. I want to say Robert...

Their number is (859) 873-8126. Versailles is only about 8 miles from Lexington.

They ordered the cubes for me a long time Ago and the warehouse had them but Fionn didn't like them so we quit.

Also I get NUZU Stabul 1 from the Do It Best store in Frankfort, about 15 miles from LEx. They have it in stock. Call (502) 695-5551 and ask for Bill Hayes who is the super nice manager. Tell him I told you to call and it is ok to buy the ones they ordered for me. They are getting down to like 5 bags of each kind so they'll need to reorder soon.

It seems unbelievable to me that I'm the only person in Kentucky who uses this stuff. But I think I am. There's a lot of ignorance out there. And don't forget our two huge vet clinics, Rood and Riddle and Hagyard are both tied up with Alltech, who makes Triple Crown. Alltech has a lot of influence. Just sayin'.

Michelle Peck Williams & Fionn
Lexington, Kentucky USA
June 2012

On Mar 11, 2014, at 6:28 PM, martha williams <mjwd444@...> wrote:

[...]

Woodford Feed has best pulp. (859) 873-4811. Also in Versailles.

Sorry forgot to trim that last post.