Need help to post history

Donna Powell

I have tried a few times to post the histories of my guys...I can down load the form, but cannot go any further than that.  Would someone help me get my history on the board, please?

Donna Ulysses & Rolex

Beaufort, SC

May 2011

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Donna,

Once you have them filled out, you can send the forms to me and I'll upload them for you.

Send it to:  shilohmom "at" outlook "dot" com.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team

Donna Powell

That is the problem...I cannot get it filled out.  The info will not type onto the form.

Donna
Beaufort,SC
May 2011

On Sunday, August 3, 2014 11:30 PM, "shilohmom@... [EquineCushings]" wrote:

Hi Donna,

Once you have them filled out, you can send the forms to me and I'll upload them for you.

Send it to:  shilohmom "at" outlook "dot" com.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team

Donna Powell

Lavinia,

I am being told I have to be a member to post CH8...how do I join?  I was able to join CH 5 and 7, but cannot remember/find out how to join.

Thanks,

Donna

Beaufort, SC

May 2011

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Donna,

I'll send you an invite to join.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RIEC Support Team

Donna Powell

Thanks!

Donna

On Monday, August 4, 2014 5:13 PM, "shilohmom@... [EquineCushings]" wrote:

Hi Donna,

I'll send you an invite to join.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RIEC Support Team

Donna Powell

Ok, I joined, but still cannot write a case history.  I have been to every link and tried all the suggestions about how to make a case history and get the response that it isn't supported.  I either get the form and am unable to use it or I get the response that this is not supported.  I tried the phf and doc version...nada.  Why is this so difficult?  I have never had so much trouble doing something like this.

What now?

Donna Ulysses Rolex
Beaufort,SC
May 2011

On Monday, August 4, 2014 5:13 PM, "shilohmom@... [EquineCushings]" wrote:

Hi Donna,

I'll send you an invite to join.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RIEC Support Team

Donna Powell

Whoops!  Sorry, with all the frustration I am having getting the CH posted I mouthed off to the group and did not mean to.  Thought I was private messaging...my bad.  Sorry.  But I am really frustrated.

Donna
Beaufort, SC
May 2011

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 6:34 AM, "Donna Powell midnightstarulysses@... [EquineCushings]" wrote:

Ok, I joined, but still cannot write a case history.  I have been to every link and tried all the suggestions about how to make a case history and get the response that it isn't supported.  I either get the form and am unable to use it or I get the response that this is not supported.  I tried the phf and doc version...nada.  Why is this so difficult?  I have never had so much trouble doing something like this.

What now?

Donna Ulysses Rolex
Beaufort,SC
May 2011

On Monday, August 4, 2014 5:13 PM, "shilohmom@... [EquineCushings]" wrote:

Hi Donna,

I'll send you an invite to join.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RIEC Support Team

Lorna Cane

Not a problem,Donna. A lot of people are having issues.

I'm guessing it's NEO's doing.
 Most of us have had nothing but trouble since Yahoo had the brilliant idea of forcing it upon us.

Please do, though,trim old material from your messages ,before hitting Send.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup

>Whoops!  Sorry, with all the frustration I am having >getting the CH posted I mouthed off to the group and >did not mean to.

Maggie

Hi Donna,
and download the second form "Equine History Form.doc" to your computer--NOT the first Adobe (pdf) form.  Save it to your computer with your name and one of your horses.
Once you have the form downloaded onto your computer, you will see in the yellow that it says "protected view" and you will have to click on "enable editing" to fill out the form.  Once you click on that you should be able to fill out your CH on your computer and then you will go back to the ECH8 site to upload the folder from your saved version on your computer.  I also could not get the Adobe (pdf) form to work, but had no trouble with the ".doc" one once I clicked on "enable editing."  Hope that helps!

Maggie, Chancey and Spiral in VA
March 2011
EC Primary Response
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory4/files/maggie%20in%20virginia/

Donna Powell

Maggie!

Thanks for the suggestion, already tried that, but just now retried it and no go.  Not only that but for some reason I cannot "trim the post down".  I tried to do that before sending this message...no go.  I never could get it to download to my computer much less click on the yellow strip to edit...etc.

I really and honestly want to post CH and am truly trying everything everyone and the site suggest and it just isn't working.

So, now what?  I read somewhere you type it out and send it to (a moderator?) and they post it for you.  Did I read that correctly?  And if so how do I get started with that?  I know I read the CH form and answer questions, do I send info in email to moderator?

I so very much detest Yahoo for this.

Donna
Beaufort, SC
May 2011

On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 7:49 AM, "spiral1957@... [EquineCushings]" wrote:

[...]

Kathy Shank

Hello, I am new to the group and trying to post my history as well.  The links below were very helpful.

Here is my question: Where the form asks for stabling and exercise, is that supposed to be BEFORE he experienced abcesses and laminitis, or NOW, when he is in recovery mode?

Kathy and Dancer in PA
Aug 2014

On 08/05/14, spiral1957@... [EquineCushings] wrote:

Hi Donna,
and download the second form "Equine History Form.doc" to your computer--NOT the first Adobe (pdf) form.  Save it to your computer with your name and one of your horses.

Maggie

>>Hello, I am new to the group and trying to post my history as well.....

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the group!  You should be able to type in those spaces what Dancer was doing and what he is doing currently.  I know the space looks small that you can type in, but it expands as you go!  You can always use the free form space at the bottom of the form to type in Dancer's history and any other details you want to add.  Let us know when you get it filled out and don't forget to add a link in your signature.  Makes it so much easier for the volunteers to find it!  Looking forward to the details about Dancer so we can give you some more specific information and answer any other questions you have!  In the meantime, you may find our website helpful.  http://ecirhorse.org/

Maggie, Chancey and Spiral in VA
March 2011
EC Primary Response
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory4/files/maggie%20in%20virginia/

Kathy Shank

Maggie,

Sorry, but I need more help it seems.  I was able to download the form, and I have completed it now, but how to upload? There do not seem to be any case files at this link, nor the link in the file that I completed.  I created a folder on Yahoo Groups, but that does not seem to be the right place, plus there is no button to add files?

Completely lost as to how to do this.

Also, where do I change from getting single emails to getting digests?  My inbox is overflowing.

Thanks!!!
Kathy and Dancer

[...]

Good to hear that you got your CH filled out.  I just sent you an invite to join ECHistory8.  That's where you will upload your CH.  It's one of our sister sites. With about 12,000 members, we are on our 8th "filing cabinet" for histories!  You'll need to join, but it shouldn't take long to get approved and then you should be able to upload your CH into the files there. Just click on "files", add you folder and name it (you'll see lots of examples in the files) and then "upload" your CH form your computer files.  In case you don't get the invite, here's a link to ECH8:  https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/EquineCushings/info   You can join from there as well.

To change to "digest"  just click on "membership" then "edit membership" at the bottom of the box that pops up, then scroll down to "subscription" and there's a little pencil next to it.  If you hover over it you will see that you can edit your settings.  You will have to do that for each of your groups, so the main list (ECIR) and now, once you've joined, ECH8.  As you are joining ECH8 you should have the option to do it then.