Sending blood work in to Cornell

Another client horse is presenting with a multitude of conflicting symptoms and this owner is interested in testing for IR, Cushings and possibly EPSM.  I will direct EPSM questions to that group, but trying to find the correct links for getting instructions for the vet to draw and process blood correctly and for shipping to Cornell.  https://xa.yimg.com/df/EquineCushings/SendingBloodworkToCornell.pdf?token=vrIOGDMZesjrE0W6mjFna3n6cRt4brxHRl23L6qaueSIoqC4yG60pbSd99uuE1Bahqd67GFK9aqAZmgahLtitw4uDVQ8PGcT_nBhlkQoQJrUKsjf8X955MxttdJi8VhwMbPHmTI_LA7IgOmleAoDiV_2t97nvkkPJSExSNm-F9PIBs4YXwx-Ww_feuvDAIitoeptOzetNR-w8DC_5v2f5xyvElZLYxQraYG5HWbRgKigtatDTeufFQ&type=download

This file I found is from 2005.  Is this the most current instructions on sending in blood work for ACTH?   We are also testing for IR, so should the Glucose/Insulin test also be done at Cornell?

There is a link on the DDT page, http://diaglab.vet.cornell.edu/test/feeman/AppendC/pdf  but this link is not working for me.

Seeing horse tomorrow, so quick response will be helpful.  Thank you.

Debora

2/12

Lorna Cane

Does this work for you,Debora?

Yes that gets me to the Cornell site, but I am looking for the group recommendations on what tests to run and the protocol for doing it.  Exactly how to handle the sample, where and how to send it, etc.  I printed the 6/9/2005 document in the files for the client, hoping it is the correct version.  I also found Fed Ex shipping information.I am very excited about this client.  She is using the same veterinary hospital where I have had such bad luck in getting anyone to listen to this group.

However, she is a huge account to them with many horses, and she said they WILL do it our way (pleased that she includes me in her decisions) or we will find another vet.  Our way, of course will be this groups way.  She is a tough no nonsense owner and has no qualms about going elsewhere if she doesn't get co-operation from the vet.

I want to be sure I give her the most accurate information. Thank you.

Debora
2/2012

Maggie

>but I am looking for the group recommendations on what tests to run and the protocol for doing it.

Hi Debora,

Might also want to look at the "diagnosis" page on our website.  Lots of specific information and links.  http://ecirhorse.org/index.php/ddt-overview/ddt-diagnosis  Great place to send owners and vets for information.

Maggie, Chancey and Spiral in VA
March 2011
EC Primary Response
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory4/files/maggie%20in%20virginia/