Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Chris,

Good work.

Please keep us posted as you go along.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team

CHRIS HULKA

Thank you Lavinia.  I appreciate the input.  I started to increase his dose in .25mg increments a few days ago.  I plan on testing again the end of Sept as suggested.
Chris
July 2014
San Marcos, CA

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Chris,

You are most welcome :)

You are unfortunately experiencing some of the oh-so-helpful (NOT!) effects of Yahoo's Neo operating format. Appreciate that you persevered. Good work on getting so many puzzle pieces in place. Frankie is lucky to have you as his human. Here is the link to Frankie's file:

Because we are now in the seasonal rise period of the year, Frankie's ACTH is continuing to rise even as you are working to bring it even lower so it gets a bit trickier to find the perfect balance. If this were one of my horses, I would aim to get the pergolide dose to 2.5mg or even 3mg then retest late September to see where I stood.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team

CHRIS HULKA

Hello,

I tried to post last night but something did not work.  I was not able to copy the case history link either for some reason https://xa.yimg.com/df/echistory8/Equine+History+Frankie+17+YO+Mustang.doc?

Anyway, I wanted to start out by thanking all the primary responders out there for all their dedicated and sincere service in helping those like myself who are struggling to do the best we can for our horses but don't have the knowledge or understanding to know how to proceed with our horses conditions. In my case PPID & IR.  My primary responder here in San Diego has been absolutely awesome.  So much information, advice and direction was passed on to assist me down this stressful road of getting my horse back on track after being diagnosed last month.  I would have been lost without my primary responder.  I can't thank this group enough.

Frankie was tested on 7/11/14 and his results from Cornell came back at 174 ACTH.  He was started on prascend and then switched over to compounded pergolide at the 1mg dose.  I tested him again on 8/19/14 and his ACTH came back at 73.8.  I'm looking for some direction on what his next does should be to get the 73.8 down to within the normal range of around 15 or 20 pg/ml.

Thank you

Chris

San Marcos, CA

July 2014