Repost MIkado Update and looking for advice

feldermannj

Hello group,

I made an update in Mikados Case history, the latest bloodwork is in there. Mikado is quite "okay" at the moment, but the problems we were used to are still there. I will try to sum it up as short as possible, and hope somebody here could tell me what to do?

Since two years Mikado shows strange symptoms during winter:

low temperature 36.5°celsius or 97.7 °F his nomal temperature has been 37.4°Celsius or 99.32°F

low Glucose value in the blood after work (I checked the blood with a glucometer for humans) and took longer than 30 min to rise again to the "before work level"

extremly tired after work, but has been anything else but tired during work

sweating when working (much more than I was used too) and sweating qite longer and more than I was used to after work

pooping a lot during and after work (up to 6 times in 45 min)

poor coat: very long single hair in the coat, less warm short hair (hope yo know what I mean)

strange change of appetite there are days with a very good appetite and days with refusing nearly every food

sometimes lots of loose manure with extra liqid

new in this year is that Mikado is loosing weight he lost not only fat but also muscles

asthma during summer- on the days with a very hot temperature and lots of moisture in the air

-hopefully I did not forgot something-

I got the teeth checked, got the blood checked, I think most of the values were qite okay? The vet told me that Mikados blood showed an anemia. Vets advice was to feed extra iron- what I didn't do. How could he had that anemia, when he is on balanced diet? Can't be because of his no-appetite-days? Or because of his asthma? There is 1 or 2 days in the week, when he refused every kind of food (only during winter).

Mikados attitude is mostly fine, he lives with his shetland buddie that I got for him in his grass free paddock, and I cope the challenge to trim and shoe his hooves in a way that he could walk on comfortable hooves.

I would appreciate any kind of help! Thanks a lot, Jana and Mikado

ECHistory7

Lorna Cane

Hi Jana,

>I made an update in Mikados Case history, the latest bloodwork is in there.

I'm sorry to be thick,but I can't find new numbers/update on your case history form.The last I can see there is for 2013.I must be doing something wrong.

> I think most of the values were qite okay?

Sorry,can't find these.

 >The vet told me that Mikados blood showed an anemia.

This *can* be caused by PPID. I'm happy you didn't ad the suggested iron.Good.

 > and I cope the challenge to trim and shoe his hooves in a way that he could walk on comfortable hooves.

Can you link us to hoof photos,if you have current ones?

Add you location and year of joining to your signature,ok?

I know this is frustrating,for sure.

Maybe others can find the details you have updated,and can help more than I can.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup

feldermannj

Hi Lorna,
its my fault, I have some problems with Yahoo neo (sure I'm not the only one...), I created new files that includes the latest bloodwork: one is called feldermann02072014, subtitle thyroid numbers Mikado. Sorry, that is the german original, the important values are T3, T4 and free thyroxyn- which is freies thyroxin in German.
The other one is called Mikado Blut 08.14, and includes the ACTH, insulin and glucose numbers. I could open it, and Sandra, who helped me with Mikados diet, could also see the files. Hope that will work now?
So sorry, but I am not that computer genius, my apologies for making unnessecary trouble, but I really found  no other way to bring Mikados numbers in my files. (...and it took two nights to find how how to bring the numbers in the files and post a link that works...)
Jana  Germany 09.11

ECHistory7

tross24

My horse is having founder issues. He is off pasture now getting some last years grass hay and water. No grain. He is wearing a Lilly pad on one foot and a concocted one on the other.
I gave him 2 g of bite this morning and will give 1 or 2 tonight. He is not on any meds. I would appreciate any help.
I called the vet she thought it was related to shoeing and sole issues but we pulled the shoes today. She also ordered pour in pads which have also been removed.
Tomorrow I'll be calling her again but presently he looks much better but still shifting a little. Comments please.

Thank you
Margaret
Sent from my iPhone

Lorna Cane

HI Jana,

> I created new files that includes the latest bloodwork: one is called feldermann02072014, subtitle thyroid numbers Mikado. Sorry, that is the german original, the important values are T3, T4 and free thyroxyn- which is freies thyroxin in German.
The other one is called Mikado Blut 08.14, and includes the ACTH, insulin and glucose numbers.

Don't kill me,but is there any way you can add this info to your case history,so that we have all the information together to compare?

I know it is beyond frustrating trying to overcome the problems that the NEO engineers are causing us. It's a good thing we've learned from our horses to be tenacious to a fault.

>So sorry, but I am not that computer genius, my apologies for making unnessecary trouble,

Not at all ,Jana! You can be sure that as you work through these issues there are others with the same ones who are learning from you.

Is there a link to current hoof photos?

Hang in.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup

http://www.igive.com/welcome/warmwelcome.cfm?c=65676

feldermannj

Hi Lorna,
my apologies for the two additional files, but I tried the best I can to add the numbers in the CH, but I failed. I am working with an old laptop and LInux, many things doesn't work normal. Would it be asked too much, if I cordially beg you to have a look at this two additional files in the Jana and Mikado folder? If so, it will take some time to get the numbers in the ch, I have to ask a friend for help.

I'm sorry I don't have new hoof pictures, I don't own a camera. If it is nessecary I will lend one and take pictures.
But the hoofes are not the main problem at the moment... I really would be very very happy, if there is someone who can tell me why my pony isn't hale. I would also appreciate advice on what I can do for further diagnosis. All vets I consulted are clueless, only advice I got was to feed extra iron.

Jana  Germany 09.11

ECHistory7