CINNAMON FOLDER

boofamaurice@...

Hi Everyone

When I click on the "cinnamon folder" it's coming up as empty yet I can see there is a note there viewing it from the files screen.

Is someone able to help to see the full message?  Also when I try to do a search of cinnamon it brings up about 10 messages and then says "there is an error loading up the rest of the messages" so I'm assuming that might be a Yahoo/neo problem?

Cheers

Kylie

Western Downs, QLD
Australia

Jan 11 ( I think)

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Kylie,

We no longer regularly recommend the use of cinnamon as it doesn't affect insulin but may lower glucose levels. As most horses have glucose levels already in the normal ranges this would not be beneficial.

HTH.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team

Nancy C

Hi Kylie

here's what the folder says:

Cinnamon is no longer routinely recommended.  It had been hoped to improve insulin sensitivity, but instead it may lower blood sugar (glucose) without lowering insulin levels. Since most IR horses have glucose in the normal ranges, cinnamon sometimes lowers it too much. For that reason, the ECIR Group doesn't use it routinely. If you have a horse that is a true diabetic - high glucose - then cinnamon may be helpful.

Dr Kellon has stated we really don't know if it works in horses.  All work is in humans and rats and horses respond differently.  We have had members report lower than normal glucose when on cinnamon in an effort to lower insulin.

I have a horse with prolonged high glucose and continue to give cinnamon.  If it is working at all, his glucose has not returned to normal. It has had no impact on insulin.

Hope I didn't confuse you!

Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org
Check out the FACTS on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup
Equine Cushing's and Insulin Resistance Group Inc.