Shipping ACTH

Stephanie Stout

Hi All,

I am starting to get everything organized so I can re-test King's ACTH. I have read all the specific instructions on drawing the blood, centrifuge to plasma, and then freezing it within 4 hours(max) to overnight it on ice. Where does everyone get their shipping supplies(what container do you ship it in, where do you get the ice packs, etc)?

I have the Cornell shipping labels page saved so need to get a couple of those overnight labels ordered also.

Thank you.

Stephanie Stout

Oregon

Oct 2014

Teri

  Where does everyone get their shipping supplies(what container do you ship it in, where do you get the ice packs, etc)?

Stephanie,

I get a used shipping container/ice packs from my vet.   He brings them when he draws Stormy's blood. ( I take care of the shipping myself.)  In a pinch I have frozen a bottle of water and put in the box.  I put it in a zip lock bag...just in case.   I have also gotten containers/ice packs from my small animal vet.   They usually just throw them away.

Teri and Stormy

Indy 2012

Michelle Riley

Hi Stephanie,

You can get the small freezer packs from a grocery or pharmacy.  Put your frozen tubes in any small box with the freezer pack and a piece of absorbent material - cotton pads or paper towel (this is required by law for shipping bodily fluids).  FedEx has a plastic "diagnostic pak" for shipping fluids.  Put your box inside this.  Do not ship on a Friday.  Hope this helps.

Michelle

NW Indiana

2010