Which ACTH test?

Stephanie Stout

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been already posted or is in the file section, but I couldn't find it(probably operator error!). I'm getting ready to re-test King's ACTH and Insulin. I know I need the ACTH Endogenous test(right?), but what test do I want for the Insulin too? Is the ACTH & Insulin bundle(for $40 from Cornell) right, or not because it is not Endogenous?

Sorry for the basic question, but want to make sure I get it right. Thanks!!!

Stephanie

Oregon

Oct 2014

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Stephanie,

Yes, the bundled ACTH+Insulin is correct. You only need to specify endogenous if you are testing the ACTH alone as there are several tests for that.

Add the serum glucose onto your testing - it is on a separate part of the testing forms and is very inexpensive but when testing insulin running the glucose as well makes the resulting information more complete. No need to run Leptin each time.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team

Stephanie Stout

Thank you very much Lavinia! I'm planning on doing the tests next week. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Stephanie
Oregon
Oct 2014