Asking again. Way to give pill?

lj friedman

I'm about to start prascend and not pergolide. Wondering if anyone has any tricks to get a picky horse to take a pill. I tried prunes and bananas etc. I haven't tried hiding in a carrot yet and I don't want to drive myself crazy like crushing and mixing with liquid etc. i want something quick and easy if. Possible. Thank you LJ Friedman San Diego November 2014. I'm emailing from my iPhone so I cannot post case history

Sent from my iPhone

Lorna Cane

Hi Lj,

>I'm about to start prascend and not pergolide.

For clarity, Prascend  *is* pergolide.

Prascend is the tablet form (more expensive) produced by BI.
Compounded pergolide is the same drug as used in Prascend tablets, but in a compounded form - powder and encapsulated, the latter recommended here.

There have been lots of posts recently about ways to feed the tablet,as well as info. in our Files.
Have you seen them?

 Lorna in Ontario,Canada

ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup

lj friedman

Just a note that when I compare pergolide to prascend I do know that pergolide is compounded and usually in capsule form, and prascend is in pill form. Lj friedman san diego nov 14

Sent from my iPhone

Lorna Cane

Thanks, Lj, I do know that *you* know that, from our private emails.

As I hoped to explain privately, the concern is that new members,who have so much on their plates at the beginning of this journey,may think that pergolide and Prascend are two different drugs, if we just refer to them in that way.

 Confusion could be avoided if we  talk about compounded pergolide, and Prascend.
Or better yet Prascend pergolide, but I know that is awkward.