jiaogulan, AAKG and ALCAR

chf1752@...

I posted recently about Bella's personality changes. From sweet and curious to biting at me and running away. I couldn't catch her at all yesterday, so she just got her ODTBC, minerals and pergolide. No jiaogulan. Today, she was her usual sweet self, even a bit playful. But I saw a little of the frog sensitivity that the jiaogulan took away.

I had to work her up to 1 tsp twice a day of jiaogulan gradually. While she's more comfortable on that dose, her crazy/nasty side has come out on it.

She was her usual sweet self when she was getting 1/2 tsp twice a day of jiaogulan (half what she's getting now). But she was a little uncomfy on her feet still.

Can too much jiaogulan make a horse crazy/nasty?

Could I got back to the jiaogulan at 1/2 tsp twice a day, and add in the AAKG and/or ALCAR?

Could I use just the AAKG and ALCAR, and skip the jiaogulan?

While the jiaogulan has helped her, I really can't stand the smell of it. So if I could get away from the jiaogulan and keep Bella happy and comfy, that'd be nice.

Erin

ME

Nancy C

Hi Erin

Not unheard of but most horses do not get nasty on jherb. You could try to bring her up to 3/4 of a tsp 2Xs a day. If this is in her food it will be less effective than syringing in. Do not give the aakg without the jherb.

Frog sensitivity can also be from plain old ground changes. Our recent weather of rain, thaw, freeze, ice may be contributing.

Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003
Invest in the health of your horse and help ECIR Group nonprofit at the same time! Hear Drs Kellon, Bowker and more, in eight hours of great info and informative Q&A from 2013 NO Laminitis! Conference.

http://ecirhorse.org/index.php/nhttp://ecirhorse.org/index.php/conference-proceedings-recordings

---In EquineCushings@..., <chf1752@...> wrote :

Erin

ME