Help with Trim--RE-Posted

Suzanne Mansolilli

This was originally posted Feb 5. Please let me know if I should be posting this in ECHoof instead of here.  Thnx!

---In EquineCushings@..., <suzannemansolilli@...> wrote :

Monty has now had 5 trims spaced 4 weeks apart since Linda first did mark-ups.  I showed my farrier the mark-ups and her written explanation of our goals at the first trim and was present for the next two.  I am now away for the winter and my farrier has trimmed him on his own for the last 2 trims.  I asked him to take sole shots which I uploaded so we can get some feedback.

I apologize for the photos, I didn't explain in detail how to take them.  Please let me know if you need better pics.

Many thanks,

SuzanneM and Monty

Western Colorado -- July, 2014

Photos:  ECHistory8

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Suzanne,

Took a look at the sole shots. There has been some progress (yay!) but it looks like the farrier is being too timid with getting the RF toe backed as far as is needed and backing the heels on both enough. The heel buttresses should be aligned with the widest part of the frog. On the LF, the lateral heel is more forward the the medial one and both need to move back further. RF needs heels moved further back as well, which means the toe is likely still too long.

Would really need lateral shots as well to be more specific. Generally speaking, the goals remain the same as when Linda did the original mark-ups.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team

Photos:  ECHistory8