Increasing prascend

lj friedman

Dr. Kellon suggests I re test before I consider a prascend increase,. which  of course I will do.. My question, as I am relatively new to cushings, if Jesse has 40.7 acth and ref is normal  up to 35, I'm thinking that isnt too far above normal. If at re -test, it is shown that levels arent in mid 20's and I increase prascend. what differences would I notice with jesse?. I  currently noticed less sweating under his mane,when i started prascned , but not much else.. what else is there to notice with a acth in low or mid 20;s?   lj friedman san diego nov 2014.

ECHistory8

lj friedman

to be clear. I;m asking what positve changes I can hope for , when acth is well controlled

Lorna Cane

>I  currently noticed less sweating under his mane,when i started prascned , but not much else.. what else is there to notice with a acth in low or mid 20;s?

Possibly improvement in his level of comfort.This could make him appear less depressed than you have described.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup