Triple Crown now controls ODTB from Southern States

DawnC

Just a heads up - I didn't know if I should post here or EC horse keeping but when I picked up my ODTB from Southern States in Delaware I was given a very nice bag labeled Triple Crown Naturals. Luckily I had the plain brown bag from my usual ODTB and compared the ingredients tags - they were identical. The price was the same - so far - but the bag is definitely marketed towards Cushings & IR horses, prominently stating: PREMIUM FORAGE, FORMULATED FOR HORSES WITH CUSHING'S DISEASE, INSULIN RESISTANCE, LAMITIS, AND RELATED CONDTIONS - Also states: Formulated with GMO free ingredients, Low Sugar/Low Starch, Fortified with Beet Pulp and Minerals for a balanced Diet in bold letters. Hope the fancy packaging doesn't drive the price up. My Southern States said that they recently had about 5 new people requesting ODTB.

Dawn & Roma
Middletown, Delaware
August 2011

Maggie

Hi Dawn,

I was at SS on Tuesday and the the guy told me that the packaging was going to change.  He also stated that the product was unchanged.  Meant to give everyone a heads up about it but got distracted and forgot.  Thanks for letting us know!

Maggie, Chancey and Spiral in VA 
March 2011
EC moderator/Primary Response

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Just to clarify, TC only distributes and sells the cubes. Ontario Dehy still makes them.  The move to a TC bag has been in the works for a long time now.  TC's other cubes also come from Ontario Dehy.
--

Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com

EC Owner 2001

Lavinia Fiscaletti

If you go to the Triple Crown website, under their Naturals heading they have the Balanced Timothy Cubes as "coming soon". No other info available on the site.

Anytime you have a question regarding the ODTBC you can always call Aurelio at Ontario Dehy directly for information as well.
--

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut

Jan 05, RI

EC Support Team

Aurelio Henriques

I am confirming that Eleanor is correct. TC only distributes and sells the cubes.
Regards,
Aurelio
Ontario Dehy

On 08/11/2016 2:23 PM, Eleanor Kellon, VMD wrote:
Just to clarify, TC only distributes and sells the cubes. Ontario Dehy still makes them.  The move to a TC bag has been in the works for a long time now.  TC's other cubes also come from Ontario Dehy.
--

Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com

EC Owner 2001

DawnC

Thank you everyone.

Dawn & Roma
Middletown, Delaware
August 2011

Julia Bonar <keystonevzgwp@...>

Thanks for the heads up Dawn, I just got 5 bags there...in  Middletown... Friday all where the old bags, would have worried next time if you hadn't mentioned this.

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

KC

I would also like to add that Triple Crown has changed distributors for their feed. I just ran into this

which is causing me issues. You are fine if you get it from Southern States. In my case, I was getting

it from a Nutrena dealer. Triple Crown and Nutrena have parted ways (not sure when exactly

this happened since I only buy a bag every few months). Triple Crown now using Kent Mills/Blue Seal.

What is making it difficult is Nutrena and Purina are the 2 dominant suppliers in my area, I don't know

of any that sells Kent Mills/Blue Seal without traveling a quite distance and still no guarantee they will

have it or will sell it. I'm working with TC now to see if they can help so I'm hoping I can get it worked out.

Thanks

Kathy in Ohio

Aurelio Henriques

Just a note on this, In the North East and as far as the ODTB cubes are concerned, there will be no distribution
changes because Cargill/ Nutrena always dealt directly with Ontario Dehy there. The only change in this area is that Southern States will start carrying the Triple Crown bag  instead of the Ontario Dehy bag.

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Ontario Canada 

On 08/12/2016 5:50 AM, Julia Bonar wrote:
Thanks for the heads up Dawn, I just got 5 bags there...in  Middletown... Friday all where the old bags, would have worried next time if you hadn't mentioned this.

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

Robyn Tucker <venturesv@...>

Hi Aurelio,
Could you confirm whether Triple Crown is selling ODTB cubes in Northern CA and if we should look for a lavender label.
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
October 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 12, 2016, at 2:26 PM, Aurelio Henriques <ahenriques@...> wrote:

Just a note on this, In the North East and as far as the ODTB cubes are concerned, there will be no distribution
changes because Cargill/ Nutrena always dealt directly with Ontario Dehy there. The only change in this area is that Southern States will start carrying the Triple Crown bag  instead of the Ontario Dehy bag.

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Ontario Canada 

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

Aurelio Henriques

Hi, Robyn,
    In Northern California it is Triple Crown that distributes the Timothy Balance cubes.
The last bags that were shipped to them were the Naturals Triple Crown.

Thanks,
Aurelio

On 08/12/2016 6:14 PM, Venturesv via Groups.io wrote:
Hi Aurelio,
Could you confirm whether Triple Crown is selling ODTB cubes in Northern CA and if we should look for a lavender label.
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
October 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Ontario Canada 

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

Is the Naturals Triple Crown the same as the ODTB? 
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
Oct 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 12, 2016, at 7:20 PM, Aurelio Henriques <ahenriques@...> wrote:

Hi, Robyn,
    In Northern California it is Triple Crown that distributes the Timothy Balance cubes.

Thanks,
Aurelio

Hi Aurelio,
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
October 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Ontario Canada 

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

Jo Anne Ernsberger

Just a note to all ... do NOT get the Triple Crown ODTB cubes confused with the new Triple Crown Natural feed, which is 21% NSC!

JoAnne / DE 2009

-----Original Message-----
To: main <main@ECIR.groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Aug 13, 2016 12:42 am
Subject: Re: [ECIR] Triple Crown now controls ODTB from Southern States

Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
Oct 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Hi, Robyn,

Thanks,
Aurelio

Hi Aurelio,
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
October 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Ontario Canada 

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

"Naturals" is the name of a new line of TC feed.  https://www.triplecrownfeed.com/products/triple-crown-naturals/

It contains both concentrates/grains and forage products, including the ODTB cubes bagged in the TC Naturals bag.  They are called Naturals Timothy Balance Cubes.  On their forage page they also still list Ontario Dehy Timothy Balance Cubes.  Same product - different bag.
--

Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com

EC Owner 2001

Jo Anne Ernsberger

Hi, Dr. Eleanor,

The TC Naturals I have seen are pelleted, with very high NSC levels ... never saw this one.

JoAnne / DE / 2009

Sent: Sat, Aug 13, 2016 11:25 am

"Naturals" is the name of a new line of TC feed.  https://www.triplecrownfeed.com/products/triple-crown-naturals/
It contains both concentrates/grains and forage products, including the ODTB cubes bagged in the TC Naturals bag.  They are called Naturals Timothy Balance Cubes.  On their forage page they also still list Ontario Dehy Timothy Balance Cubes.  Same product - different bag.
--
Eleanor in PA
EC Owner 2001

Aurelio Henriques

Just a note,
The Triple Crown Naturals - Timothy Balance cubes will still have the familiar lavender colored label.
Thankfully, some things never change.

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Goderich Ontario Canada

On 08/13/2016 11:36 AM, Jo Anne Ernsberger via Groups.io wrote:
Hi, Dr. Eleanor,

The TC Naturals I have seen are pelleted, with very high NSC levels ... never saw this one.

JoAnne / DE / 2009

Sent: Sat, Aug 13, 2016 11:25 am

--
Eleanor in PA
EC Owner 2001

So sorry - I am confused. Are the ODTB bagged under "Naturals" along with their new lines? How would we know here in Northern CA which we are buying?
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
No. CA
Oct 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2016, at 8:24 AM, Eleanor Kellon, VMD <drkellon@...> wrote:

--

Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com

EC Owner 2001

Aurelio Henriques

Robyn,
    They will sell several different products under this brand, including the Timothy Balance cubes which are the same as the ODTB cubes. The tag on either brand of the Timothy Balance cubes will thankfully be the same - the familiar lavender color tag.

Many thanks
Aurelio 

On 08/13/2016 12:41 AM, Venturesv via Groups.io wrote:
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
Oct 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Hi, Robyn,

Thanks,
Aurelio

Hi Aurelio,
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
October 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Ontario Canada 

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

Great - thanks.
Robyn

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2016, at 9:15 AM, Aurelio Henriques <ahenriques@...> wrote:

Robyn,
    They will sell several different products under this brand, including the Timothy Balance cubes which are the same as the ODTB cubes. The tag on either brand of the Timothy Balance cubes will thankfully be the same - the familiar lavender color tag.

Many thanks
Aurelio 

On 08/13/2016 12:41 AM, Venturesv via Groups.io wrote:
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
Oct 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Hi, Robyn,

Thanks,
Aurelio

Hi Aurelio,
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
Northern CA
October 2015

Sent from my iPhone

Aurelio
Ontario Dehy
Ontario Canada 

Julia and Beck
May 2007&2016 

Aurelio Henriques

No worries,
In California, please look for this bag:
( Triple Crown -  Naturals - Timothy Balance Forage Cubes)
It has a lavender color tag attached to the bag.
These bags are already at the distribution centre in California and are getting to the stores as orders are placed.

Thanks,
Aurelio,
Ontario Canada

On 08/13/2016 12:12 PM, Venturesv via Groups.io wrote:
So sorry - I am confused. Are the ODTB bagged under "Naturals" along with their new lines? How would we know here in Northern CA which we are buying?
Thanks,
Robyn & Toons
No. CA
Oct 2015

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2016, at 8:24 AM, Eleanor Kellon, VMD <drkellon@...> wrote:

--

Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com

EC Owner 2001