Which hay to pick based on hay analysis?

donabcalhoun@...

I would love a second opinion on the two hay analysis results ( I have uploaded both in my case history under hay analysis - october 2018 ).  Once I select the hay - I will need to balance his diet, but first I wanted to pick which of these 2 hay choices would be best for my IR horse, Guinness who has been in a bout of active founder since July 2018.  Can anyone help?

Thank you!
--
Dona and Guinness
December 2017, Rougemont, NC

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Definitely the straight Orchardgrass, and you will need to add trace minerals to balance it.

donabcalhoun@...

Eleanor when I was looking at the sample reports I don't see one that says straight orchardgrass - maybe you are seeing something in one of the descriptions I am not - but they appear to be both orchard and timothy.  Can you tell me which number or some other differentiating factor?

Thanks for helping.
Dona
--
Dona and Guinness
December 2017, Rougemont, NC
Guinness Case History:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Dona%20and%20Guinness
Guinness Photo Link:  https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=69379

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Without knowing iron and manganese numbers??

--
Ellen
Pal & Savvy

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

The first consideration is always the sugar and starch. Iron and manganese can be balanced.

donabcalhoun@...

Thank you Eleanor - once I confirm I can get the hay then I will get the balancing done.

Thanks!