Low Sugar/Starch Hay Sources Sonoma County CA?

ferne fedeli

Sounds good, Cass.  The hay I got was very low sugar and starch--I'm not home until tomorrow to double-check, but it was something like 2 for esc & 1.5 for starch.  Probably why my guys aren't so crazy about it.  Wish I'd known about yours sooner, I might have included some with mine & mixed them.

--

Ferne Fedeli

No. California

Regional Members Database Coordinator

 - see who is near you

Add your contact information if you want to help out/meet ECIR members in your area.

Case History

Hi Cass,

Where did you buy your hay?

--
Robyn & Toons

North Bay, CA

April 2016

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Robyn%20and%20Toons

Hi Robyn & Toons

I scanned the Equi Anyltical Analysis for hay that is at Larsens as of October 15, 2016.  Is there a way to post it into a database so all can use it?  I can send it to you privately.

Once I post it, I should ask about supplementing.  I have some California Trace, and am hoping that will work.  --

Gail Russell 8/30/2008

Brother Case History

HI Gail,

Whichever works for you and the group, works for me. I have three recent hay analysis that look good from Rivertown and Frizells: Meadow from Rivertown and Orchard and Timothy from Frizzell's. I selected the Orchard from Frizzell's, but have not yet purchased. I just got the test results back last Friday. If I can post them somewhere, would be happy to do so.
--
Robyn & Toons

North Bay, CA

April 2016

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Robyn%20and%20Toons

Since there is no other input from the moderators, I will post mine in a photo album.  Can put yours and Cass' in as well, I suppose.  I think that might work.  Will do the first one tomorrow to see if it works.

LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...>

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 09:07 am, Gail Russell wrote:
 Is there a way to post it into a database so all can use it?

Hi Gail and the others in this thread,

This is so nice of you to consider others in your area.  You should upload them to your case history's Hay Analysis folders.   So that other members who might be searching for local hay can find the analysis, the Regional Member's Database has been edited to now include "Hay Analysis Reports of some locally hays".  You can either make an entry or edit a previous entry in the Regional Member's Database .  Then local members looking for local hay analysis can then contact you for your case history link or an emailed copy.

Our members rock. Thanks for taking the time to help others by sharing your information.

--

- ​LeeAnne, Newmarket, Ontario - Email me (If link does't work use ECIR.Archives at gmail dot com)

ECIR Archivist March,2004

Are you in the Pergolide Dosage Database?

View the Database Stats
Dawn's 10 Year Case History
Taken For Granite Art - Lightweight Cement Sculpture and Memorials

karen sherrill

Hi, not sure how to post but wondering if any have wsc below 10.  Thank you, Karen and Winston 21 year old IR Morgan.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 17, 2016, at 9:18 PM, Robyn Tucker <venturesv@...> wrote:

HI Gail,

Whichever works for you and the group, works for me. I have three recent hay analysis that look good from Rivertown and Frizells: Meadow from Rivertown and Orchard and Timothy from Frizzell's. I selected the Orchard from Frizzell's, but have not yet purchased. I just got the test results back last Friday. If I can post them somewhere, would be happy to do so.
--
Robyn & Toons

North Bay, CA

April 2016

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Robyn%20and%20Toons

Lorna Cane

Hi Karen,

You're interested in the ESC and Starch numbers, not WSC. Sorry I can't help out. Just wanted to clarify the numbers you need to know.

We ask everyone to sign their posts with name,location,date of joining and Case History link.

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/PPID%20and%20IR%20Success%20Stories/Success%20Story%20%233%20-%20Lorna%20and%20Ollies%20Story.pdf

ferne fedeli

Thanks for the heads up, LeeAnne.  Since I already have my hay for the winter, I didn't get too involved in this thread...
--

Ferne Fedeli

No. California

Regional Members Database Coordinator

 - see who is near you

Add your contact information if you want to help out/meet ECIR members in your area.

Case History

karen sherrill

Hi, yes I agree on the  other numbers but need the wsc below 10 for him or gets cresty. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 18, 2016, at 7:37 AM, Lorna Cane <windybriars@...> wrote:

Hi Karen,

You're interested in the ESC and Starch numbers, not WSC. Sorry I can't help out. Just wanted to clarify the numbers you need to know.

We ask everyone to sign their posts with name,location,date of joining and Case History link.

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/PPID%20and%20IR%20Success%20Stories/Success%20Story%20%233%20-%20Lorna%20and%20Ollies%20Story.pdf

Lorna Cane

Hi Karen,

WSC is the sum of fructans and ESC.

Here's an interesting article from Kathleen, Dr. Gustafson:

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/197245?p=Created,,posterid%3A61116,100,2,0,2745571

We ask everyone to sign their posts with name,location,date of joining and Case History link.

--

Lorna in Eastern Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/files/PPID%20and%20IR%20Success%20Stories/Success%20Story%20%233%20-%20Lorna%20and%20Ollies%20Story.pdf

LeeAnne Bloye <ecir.archives@...>

Hi Gail,

A while back you wrote

I scanned the Equi Anyltical Analysis for hay that is at Larsens as of October 15, 2016.

I maybe should have asked this before saying to put the analysis in you hay analysis folder. Did you not receive your analysis in the form of a PDF?