How much flax seed oil can I feed 2 cups ok?

Thanks for the suggested alternative, Chris.  I’ve been using the Cashel bag, which has been fine for the most part.  It’s only getting used in his stall.  I had some old canvas feed bags that belonged to my MIL which I think I may have unfortunately discarded.  Should you ever get the brilliant idea to set the the feed in a small feed bucket inside the feedbag, I advise you to control yourself.  I read about it somewhere and it seemed perfect for facilitating cleanup.  Once your horse floods his stall by submerging this get up into his water bucket, you will understand why.
--
Martha in Vermont
Logo, Tobit(EC) and Pumpkin, Handy and Silver (EC/IR)

Logo's Case History:

Nancy C

Thank you for reminding me of this Martha.  I used a feed bag as well for Beau.  it was to make sure he ate all of his pergolide/Nuzu mix, but I can see how well it would work for the need to get in extra meals.
--
Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Hi Chris,

I've added the link to his photo album to your signature.

To make links clickable, you need to hit Enter after the url (it will show up highlighted in blue when active).
To change your signature, go to the Subscription tab at the top left of the page. When it opens, scroll down to the signature box and make any changes you want. Then need to scroll to the bottom of the page and hit Save.

--
Lavinia and George Too
Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge

I’m dealing with similar issues.  Someone suggested a feed bag for Logo because he spills so much.  I’ve been playing with one for awhile, sometimes with better results than others.  He’s had this adorable habit, as long as I’ve owned him, of sharing his food with his neighbor and I have a hard time controlling that horse’s weight as it is.  This limits the sharing.  When I began researching feed bags, I learned that many people use them on horses in groups to alllow some of them extra feed.
--
Martha in Vermont
Logo, Tobit(EC) and Pumpkin, Handy and Silver (EC/IR)
July 2012

Logo's Case History:

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Please get a case history and some body photos posted.

You may be thinking of feeding 2 cups of whole flax seed, not flax seed OIL.

--
Ellen
Pal & Savvy

Nancy C

Not seeing a CH at your link. Wanted to check his weight.

I had had great success using mostly all ODTB cubes for 30 y/o PPID with no teeth. At all. Suggest adding more ODTB and then perhaps slowly lowering the Carb Safeas he builds weight.
--
Nancy C in NH
ECIR Moderator 2003
DDT+E = effective treatment for PPID and EMS/IR equines: https://bit.ly/2J4ZgYT

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Chris,

That's 2 oz/day, not 2 cups. Why do you want to feed so much?