Thriving pets moving?

cathyjomitchell

I just got a message from Thriving Pets that they are moving at the end of Oct and will be closed for approx. 2 months. I usually only order 1 months supply of pergoilide caps, they are suggesting stocking up while they are closed.

Is this affecting anyone else and if so, what are you planning on doing?

Thanks,

Cathy M, Natalie & Buddy

Minnesota

Thriving Pets will no longer use EverPet as its compounding pharmacy. I am in the same position you are. I'm going go reorder early in another week (before Oct. 31) and also ask my vet to send in a new prescription to a different compounding pharmacy, probably Pet Health Pharmacy in Arizona.

--
Cass for Satra and Cayuse
Sonoma County, Calif. Oct. '12

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Cass%20and%20Satra%20-%20Cayuse

cathyjomitchell

Is there some problem with the compounding done by thriving Pets /EverPet?

I have been happy with the service at Thriving Pets , and quite frankly, my vet is a bit hard to work with, so I can't start moving things around to much.

Judy L. Meadows <marktime@...>

This strikes terror into my heart as well.  I have used Thriving Pets for more  than a year.  Now, I must find a new source for compounded pergolide and get my vet to approve???

Judy and Rudy
Cassville, MO
2014?

On Oct 21, 2016 3:37 PM, "cathyjomitchell" <haywire@...> wrote:

> Is there some problem with the compounding done by thriving Pets /EverPet?
>
> I have been happy with the service at Thriving Pets , and quite frankly, my vet is a bit hard to work with, so I can't start moving things around to much.

--
Judy in Southwest Missouri
Rudy

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

I don't know what the back story is but 10 days notice??? This is the second sudden move in 3 years.

Do NOT stock up. The whole purpose of ordering 1 month supplies is to keep your compounded product fresh.

Nancy C

for those who need to move pharmacy, there is a list of some pharmacies on the Wiki

https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/wiki/ECIR-Links

Please Note:

It is the responsibility of each member to ensure they are choosing reputable  businesses for any product.

At the sole discretion of  the ECIR Group, pharmacies with a known history of violation of the public trust will not be listed. Actions would include but not be limited to history of significant customer complaints to regulatory authorities, violations and/or citations of any state or federal laws and significant reports of inappropriate treatment of members.

--
Nancy C in NH
www.ECIRhorse.org

cathyjomitchell

Thanks Dr. Kellon.

As I said on FB, it raised a lot of concerns for me ,on several levels. I have appreciated working with Ian, but I can't mess this up, it is to important to my horse.

Oh well. Time to find a new pharmacy I guess.

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 01:59 pm, Judy L. Meadows wrote:
Now, I must find a new source for compounded pergolide and get my vet to approve???

 Just explain that they went out of business. Give your vet a link to the pharmacy's web site.

When picking a pharmacy, make sure they are licensed to sell in your state. If they are not, your supply could be cut off suddenly at any time.