Discontinue Pergolide for Retest?

My vet wants to repeat an ACTH test on Calliber in mid-March without the compounded pergolide that I am using. Calliber’s first test was done in November. When should I discontinue the pergolide and should I taper off? My vet suggested going off it now since Calliber’s test was only borderline positive. Also, I question if the first test sample was managed correctly (by a previous vet) and may have possibly gotten a false positive. Given his numbers would Calliber possibly be a candidate for the Chasteberry supplement?

Thanks so much,
Amber and Calliber in SC

Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amber%20and%20Calliber
Photos https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=82557

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Mishandling the sample can only give you a false negative, not a false positive.

I won't hurt to taper off, either rapid with half dose for 4 days then off, or more gradual 75-50-25 for four days each.

Numbers have nothing to do with being a Chasteberry candidate. It simply doesn't seem to control hormonal output in this disease. You would need to do the same close monitoring off pergolide with or without Chasteberry.

Lorna Cane

Hi Amber,

Can you verify the ACTH numbers?
You have reported 119 as the test result from Cornell, with the range being 9-110.

I know the Cornell range to be 9-35, so am wondering about the 9-110 numbers.

--

Lorna  in Kingston, Ontario, Canada
ECIR Moderator

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

P.S. Wait three weeks after stopping to retest - or sooner if symptoms.

I pulled up his results and his pre test number was 21.7 pg/mL with the range being 9-35 and post test number was 119 pg/mL with the range being 9-110. The test was the TRH Response test.

Does that help clarify?
--
Amber and Calliber in SC

Case History https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Amber%20and%20Calliber
Photos https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=82557

Lorna Cane

Oh, good, Amber.Thanks.

Can you record the correct data in the CH to avoid confusion ?