Tis the Season Course Special Sale

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

The holidays are almost here and courses at www.drkellon.com are going on sale, including the basic nutrition/balancing course, NRC Plus and Cushing's and Insulin Resistance. There is a 2 for the price of 1 offer and you also get a 6 month trial subscription to the e-zine The Horse's Mouth.  You can use the course(s) for yourself or give  it/them to a friend. Courses purchased during the sale may be taken at any time that is convenient.

DB Krause <dbkrause.stillwaterfarm@...>

I have taken NRC, failed miserably, kept up with ECIR daily postings and learned enough that I feel ready to retake it. COH was less intense and I did well with that one. Hopefully I will do better with NRC this time.

Question: The twofer offer - can I take NRC and Cushings and Insulin Resistance or is that three classes?

By the way, I have been trying to reserve a spot in Leah's second Bowker clinic(Dec 2) but have no luck contacting her by email, text or phone. Her texts and emails to me are garbled and I did not get the phone call from her today she indicated I should expect. Any suggestions for getting up with her?

Looking forward to the "new" classwork,
Debbie Krause
910 471 8767 cell
910 777 9410 cell

On Thursday, October 27, 2016, Eleanor Kellon, VMD <drkellon@...> wrote:

The holidays are almost here and courses at www.drkellon.com are going on sale, including the basic nutrition/balancing course, NRC Plus and Cushing's and Insulin Resistance. There is a 2 for the price of 1 offer and you also get a 6 month trial subscription to the e-zine The Horse's Mouth.  You can use the course(s) for yourself or give  it/them to a friend. Courses purchased during the sale may be taken at any time that is convenient.

Cushing's and IR is one course.

Maggie

Just in case you forgot or didn't realize, you can retake the NRCPlus class at any time, at no additional cost.
--
Maggie, Chancey and Spiral in VA
March 2011

DawnC

I have always wanted to take one of your courses since joining the group but thought I would try to gather information & understanding in this group first as I was a bit overwhelmed when I joined. I know I have a long way to go in the learning process but feel I may have a grasp on IR issues with my mare. With help from this group she is back to her old self, has had a complete overhaul of her diet and has had 3 fantastic foals. She is a PRE and I know within the PRE-Pure Spanish Horse/Andalusian & Lusitano breeds, IR or any metabolic issue is prevalent but never mentioned, a blemish among breeders and most hide their prize horses that have foundered or are severely laminitic. I tell everyone interested in the breed about it. I would really like to gain more insight so that I can effectively give diet/feeding instructions to people who buy foals from me. The last two foals have been grain free and basically eating the same diet as the dam with no issues. The ones before that all had some form of physitis or minor ocd when fed the usual "growth" feed specifically for foals. I was told that this could also because by rich pasture or the dam's milk. I have read all the course outlines and would love some input on which course to take. I don't know if I should start with NCR Plus, Management for Pregnancy and Growth or Cushings and Insulin Resistance. I have read the outlines but don't know if there is a specific course that comes first or if I take the Management for Pregnancy and Growth does it have to be tweaked for IR horses? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dawn & Roma

Delaware

August 2011

Joyce Mrozielski

I would love to retake the NRC Plus course. How do I go about it?

There is a course beginning November 7th, and this one would interest me. Can somebody sign me up?

Thank you,

Joyce Mrozielski

Normandy, France

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Dawn,

I would suggest NRC Plus then Management for Pregnancy and Growth for you.

Deanna Stoppler

Hi Dr Kellon,

I signed up for the Basic Reading of Radiographs course in the 2 for 1 special.  How do I sign up for the second class?

Deanna Stoppler, Accredited Professional Farrier
Horse & Sole Hoof Care LLC

175 Poker Hill Rd
Underhill, VT 05489
928-846-9420

"Horses run faster and jump higher out of heart and desire."

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 11:36 AM, Eleanor Kellon, VMD <drkellon@...> wrote:

The holidays are almost here and courses at www.drkellon.com are going on sale, including the basic nutrition/balancing course, NRC Plus and Cushing's and Insulin Resistance. There is a 2 for the price of 1 offer and you also get a 6 month trial subscription to the e-zine The Horse's Mouth.  You can use the course(s) for yourself or give  it/them to a friend. Courses purchased during the sale may be taken at any time that is convenient.

Just send me an e-mail.

DawnC

Thank you Dr. Kellon!

Dawn & Roma