Frankincense and Myrrh for neuropathic pain

Maria Duran

Edited

Hi all,

I have stumbled upon this product and I would like to know if it might be effective for neuropathic pain in chronic laminitis and if it could be a good alternative to capsaicin or not. It contains several herbs and oils. It is especified in the label (second picture in the link).

https://www.amazon.com/Frankincense-Neuropathy-Rubbing-Essential-Relief/dp/B003B2RJLM?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1&th=1&psc=1

What calls my attention is that it says frankincense and myrrh, but later in the label the active ingredients are other plants and frankincense and myrrh are labeled as inactive and seems they are just carrier oils for soothing along with several other oils.

There is a caution for diabetic neuropathic pain but I don´t know if what they are saying is just to stop the product and visit a doctor just in case you have not been diagnosed, not that you can´t use it for diabetic neuropathic pain, It is a bit confusing.

Any experience with this product for neuropathic pain?

Thanks!
--
María Durán Navarro
Dec 2017

First off, in my opinion, one does not ever mix homeopathic remedies with essential oils.  Each is the antithesis of the other.  Homeopathy reduces the material to 10, 100, or 1,000 times or more from raw materials.  If you believe that homeopathy works.  The hypothesis being "less is more".  However, essential oils are concentrated to a high degree.  That's the opposite direction of homeopathy.  I was trained to NEVER mix the two as the essential oils knock the homeopathic remedies out the window.  Pick one or the other:  homeopathy or essential oils, not both.

Based on that, I wouldn't waste my money.
--

Laurie and Atticus and Diamond - 05 2016
Collegeville, PA

Diamond Case History - https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laurie%20and%20Atticus/Diamond%20Case%20History/Diamond%27s%20Case%20History.pdf
Atticus  Current Hay Analysis - https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laurie%20and%20Atticus/Hay%20Analysis/Hay%20Analysis%209-8-17.pdf

Atticus Photos - https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=42693&p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

kstrick709@...

I am sorry, I can not offer you my experience with this product.  It was just strange enough for me to stop and comment on. It seems very "experimental". What you describe, though, would be a excellent candidate for a high grade Hypericum oil.

Ronelle

I personally wouldn't discount this product.   I use a mix of homeopathic and essential oils on myself, and essential oils on my horse.   I looked it up and there are about ten different essential oils in it, and it does appear the mix of oils are being used of carrier oils.   Essential oils are meant to be used in small amounts so I'm not that concerned with this products ingredients being harmful.   Can't say if there's enough to make a difference.    I use Frankincense on myself for nerve/muscle pain, but it is in a carrier oil.  (It's too expensive!)   If you are comfortable with the cost, in my opinion, then try it.   I also would cut how many drops I use in half if using it on my horse.  (Label directions are for humans)   Most animals are more sensitive to essential oils than humans are.
--
Ronelle and Yoyo
2015 Bend, Or, US

Maria Duran

Thank you Laurie, kstrick709 and Ronelle for your answers.

I have to clarify that I am not in an emergency with neuropathic pain (fortunately). I just want to have something in my repertory that I know might be of help when needed. When you are in a crisis, it is much difficult to find the time and concentration to search for something that works. I saw this product and wanted to ask because time ago the horse of a friend was diagnosed by the vet with neuropathic pain after foundering. We tried capsaicin and helped but only just a bit and his skin ended up very irritated so we had to quit it.

What is in my mind for neuropathic pain is ALCar as I have learned here and in the NAT course but as this takes a while before it starts helping the horse, I believe it is wise to have something able to palliate the pain before ALCar can take over.

This product has hypericum within the active ingredients.

What is amazing is that more than 1 thousand people is saying it works. Some others say it didn´t work for them but the great majority is pleased with the results.

Thank you all for answering :)
--
María Durán Navarro
Dec 2017