2nd request. Re: Finn and Elliott new bloodwork/invokana Dr Kellon

TERRI JENNINGS

--
Terri Jennings with Teeny, Finn and Elliott
Arcata, CA

Here are links to Terri's posts.
The thread started here: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/267892
Terri asked about increasing Invokana here: https://ecir.groups.io/g/main/message/268137
--
Cass, Sonoma Co., CA 2012
ECIR Group Moderator

TERRI JENNINGS

Hi,
I’m still looking for answers to a few questions.

How long after an increase in Prascend would I expect to see changes in insulin?  I need to schedule bloodwork for both Finn and Elliott.

If Finn’s insulin is still too high, is it safe to increase Invokana?

Thanks,
--
Terri Jennings with Teeny, Finn and Elliott
Arcata, CA
https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Terri%20and%20Teeny
Joined 2019

Kirsten Rasmussen

Hi Terri,

Since we recommend waiting 3 weeks after reaching a new Prascend dose to see the full effect on in ACTH, I would assume that is when you should expect to see the majority of changes in insulin.

--
Kirsten and Shaku (IR + PPID) - 2019
Kitimat, BC, Canada

Shaku's Case History
Shaku's Photo Album

Kirsten may well be correct on this - it certainly would be the most cautious approach - but I see other indicators of PPID disappear within days of increasing pergolide.  If you test too soon, there are bound to be lingering questions about whether you should have waited longer.  I can’t speak to the invokana question but, once you report numbers, there will undoubtedly be someone who can.
--
Martha in Vermont
ECIR Group Primary Response

Martha and Logo

Kirsten Rasmussen

Yes, I agree with Martha that there is likely a faster effect, and since it appears to take longer for ACTH in "some" horses to reach full peak after coming off pergolide, perhaps the opposite is true and "some" horses respond faster to pergolide increases.  To see maximum effect though, we do recommend waiting 3 weeks.