Serious reaction to Prascend? (Vet called)

rebecca.ann.crowe@...

Thunder started with a 1/4 Prascend a day 4 days ago. Today, we cannot get him up. Initially, I thought he was resting his feet, though that would unusual. He ate his beet pulp. He has gut sounds. He was sweating profusely though that has improved. The vet has over an hour drive. Has anyone seen anything similar?
--
Becky Crowe
Luck, Wisconsin, USA
Joined July 2019
-------
Thunder
Thunder Case History
Thunder Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93211
-------
Soozee
Soozee Case History
Soozee Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93212
-------
Frodo
Frodo Case History
Frodo Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93268
-------
Hay Analysishttps://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Becky%20and%20Thunder%20-%20Soozee%20-%20Frodo/2019_07_24_Crowe_HayAnalysis.pdf

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Highly unlikely to be the Prascend.

rebecca.ann.crowe@...

Thank you. That eases my mind.  We were finally able to get him up, and he's not bearing weight on his front left.  He's a hurting guy, but at least I have experience in how to address the lameness.  Thank you again.
--
Becky Crowe
Luck, Wisconsin, USA
Thunder
Thunder Case History
Thunder Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93211
-------
Soozee
Soozee Case History
Soozee Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93212
-------
Frodo
Frodo Case History
Frodo Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93268
-------
Hay Analysishttps://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Becky%20and%20Thunder%20-%20Soozee%20-%20Frodo/2019_07_24_Crowe_HayAnalysis.pdf

Sherry Morse

Does he have a fever?  Pulses in his feet?  Laminitis would be my first concern, then possible impaction (although he has gut noises) but there are many things that could be an issue and Prascend would be at the bottom of my list of suspects, particularly at that low a dose.

Tara Smith

I do u.i ld just like to offer a little thing I did with gavi as he is 24/7 turn out .When he was  sore in Dyer  discomfort  I would have Mats first and then I big cushy pile of shavings outside right behind his slow feeder and water are so he to not have to travel or move far if he felt like laying down. ..Well  he LOVED THIS SPECIAL COMFY SPACE  or he would just stand in it or rest .It was wonderful ..so I just thought I would share .changed it or added more every few days .I hope ur boy is feeling better very soon🤗
--
Tara and Gavilon
Mass.  Nov 2017

Sheila

A few days after I had Max up to the full 1 mg dose, he broke out in a horrible sweat (this was in December) and acted sort of colicy - not really the typical signs - but he was drenched in sweat for about 3 hours.  Took him to the vet and of course by then he was drying off and feeling better.  I never knew if it could be contributed to the prascend or not, but he never had another episode like that.  I scared me, that's for sure.
--
Sheila
October 2017

https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Sheila%20and%20Daniel

Tara,

Please start a separate thread for your ivermectin question.

rebecca.ann.crowe@...

Thank you. It was a very scary few hours. I'm mostly thankful it is not likely to be an outcome of starting Prascend because I'm so hopeful that will help him in the long run.
I suspect he has an abscess on his front left and, while he was okay two nights ago, is not bearing weight on that foot once we got him standing. His reaction could have been the intense pain.  My farrier is coming this morning.  Fingers crossed that we can get his trim updated (I was excited for that too).  If not, we'll get the others and come back to him when he's feeling better.
--
Becky Crowe
Luck, Wisconsin, USA