Updated pics post-trim (Soozee's Case History - Thunder's Case History - Updated with X-rays - Frodo's Case History)

rebecca.ann.crowe@...

Hi,

For anyone who'd like to see an update, I've uploaded pictures of Sooz and Frodo after their trims today - links below.

Thunder was unable to be fully trimmed because he is working on an abscess and not bearing weight.  I will update those as soon as he's able to stand for a trim. His pain level seems more manageable, though, and he's no longer sweating.

--
Becky Crowe
Luck, Wisconsin, USA
Joined July 2019
-------
Thunder
Thunder Case History
Thunder Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93211
-------
Soozee
Soozee Case History
Soozee Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93212
-------
Frodo
Frodo Case History
Frodo Photos: https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=93268
-------
Hay Analysishttps://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Becky%20and%20Thunder%20-%20Soozee%20-%20Frodo/2019_07_24_Crowe_HayAnalysis.pdf

Lavinia Fiscaletti

Edited

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the updates.

Good start on making the needed changes but still have lots more to go. Frodo is closer than Soozee to being correct. I'd suggest another round in a week to 10 days.

If Thunder can't lift his feet, just stand him on a pile of bedding/sand/thick piece of styrofoam, pull the bedding away from around the perimeter of the foot or trim right thru the bedding/styrofoam . The faster you get his mechanics corrected, the faster he can start to heal. If he is abscessing, resist the urge to give him NSAIDs (unless he won't eat/drink normally) as that will only slow the process down and prolong the abscess.

--
Lavinia and George Too
Nappi, George and Dante Over the Bridge

rebecca.ann.crowe@...

Thank you, Lavinia!
Yes, she is coming back in less than two weeks to continue with Sooz and Thunder and touch up with Frodo (his trim opened up an abscess too). She did trim what she could on Thunder's RF with him standing, especially to bring his toe back.  She was able to do a bit on the foot with the abscess, but it hadn't opened yet. He's in boots in the meantime. We don't bute for abscesses since it never helps the pain anyway.
I will continue to post updates as we move along. Thank you again for the support and information.  It is greatly appreciated, and it feels good to be taking steps forward.
--
Becky Crowe
Luck, Wisconsin, USA