Numbers just in should I increase Pergolide for Pabatsa?


Laura and Pabatsa in CA
 

Hi Dr. Kellon/Group,

My vet just sent P's labs from Cornell. As usual, his August numbers went up. Should I increase Pergolide and if so by how much?
--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )


Eleanor Kellon, VMD
 

Where are the numbers and current case history?
--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001


Laura and Pabatsa in CA
 

--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )


Laura and Pabatsa in CA
 

I just re-uploaded the CH file.
--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )


Eleanor Kellon, VMD
 

The group's experience has been that to minimize laminitis risk the horse's ACTH should be well within normal range going into the seasonal rise and any rise  minimized. He's already above normal in an early August sample with peak not coming until end September. This is especially important for horses with a history of fall laminitis, which he doesn't have but there's no way to say for sure it couldn't happen. There is no rule for how much to increase but usual increment is 1 mg.  Discuss with your vet.
--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001


Laura and Pabatsa in CA
 

Dr. Kellon,

Pabatsa is scheduled for his annual dental exam/float on 8/22. Would it be wise for me to postpone until the numbers drop down? Also, I had titers run for WNV, etc. in May (in my CH).
He would need to receive an EHV since titer was low. Should I postpone that also?
--
Laura and Pabatsa in California
Feb 2012
Case History https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20a nd%20Pabatsa ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Laura%20and%20Pabatsa )
Pabatsa's Photos https://ecir.groups.io /g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 ( https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/album?id=1740 )


Eleanor Kellon, VMD
 

As  long as he normally handles it well no need to postpone routine dental. You can do an intranasal EHV.
--
Eleanor in PA

www.drkellon.com 
EC Owner 2001