False positive insulin results

Cheryl Oickle

I challenged Jewels last result of 1422 and her specimen was sent to Cornell Labs. Her new result came back at 32.84uIU/L with their reference range between 10.0 and 40.0.  I am much happier with this result.  Clinically as per her picture she looks amazing.  Her ACTH as reported at 8.2 in her case history although increased remains in the normal seasonal rise range.  Given this new info, would you still recommend an increase in her pergolide? Form 1 to 2 mg during the seasonal rise.  I will update my case history in two weeks as I am away, and as well Jewel will NOT be exercised during this time. My vet is not sure now given this new information
--
Cheryl and Jewel
Oct 2018

Hi Cheryl,

Hopefully one of the vets will chime in on your question.

As an assist can you please update the link in your signature to https://ecir.groups.io/g/CaseHistory/files/Cheryl%20and%20Jewel%20Port%20Alberni%20BC%20Canada

The one you have now goes to the main CH folder for some reason.

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

Certainly much better insulin but far from normal. Hard to say on ACTH since I don't trust that value either. If she were mine, I'd increase her by 0.5 now and while you're away, up to 2 when you get back and taper down to 1 again in January then retest - at Cornell!

Nancy C

Just want to say "Good for you, Cheryl" for sticking with this.
--
Nancy C in NH
Join us at the 2020 NO Laminitis! Conference, October 22 - 25, Harrisburg, PA